Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W595 From Ebay

Options
  • 01-11-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

I need a new phone, I currently have a SE W595 and love it, it's 2 years old and has got a bit shook.

All I want from a phone is to be able ring and text people. Don't even need a camera but sure there on them all now.

Def don't want a touchscreen.

I'd love a w595 again but they are no longer available.

Would anyone have any opinions on buying from Hong Kong on Ebay?

Should the phone work here?

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160663174822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3954wt_1270

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Has anybody any input before I click buy it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ft9 wrote: »
    Has anybody any input before I click buy it now?

I think your mad paying that amount for it. I know you like it, but for the that price you have a lot of options to choose from from all the networks, especially when all you want is to call and text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I've bought a few accessories and cases on eBay from Hong Kong but I wouldn't buy anything expensive. Items take at least 3 weeks to get here and if the seller isn't feeling co-operative if something goes wrong, you'll be left at the mercy of Paypal.....

Have you considered a SE Spiro? As far as I can see the feature set is fairly similar - http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_spiro-3267

• Registered Users Posts: 54,398 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What about customs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Davy wrote: »
    I think your mad paying that amount for it. I know you like it, but for the that price you have a lot of options to choose from from all the networks, especially when all you want is to call and text

What would you go for instead?

• Advertisement

I've bought a few accessories and cases on eBay from Hong Kong but I wouldn't buy anything expensive. Items take at least 3 weeks to get here and if the seller isn't feeling co-operative if something goes wrong, you'll be left at the mercy of Paypal.....

Have you considered a SE Spiro? As far as I can see the feature set is fairly
    similar - http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_spiro-3267

Can you still get it?

I had a look on each networks' website and could find it on Vodafone pre-pay only. Seeing as SE is getting out of the featurephone market, now is the time to grab one - http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=389045&offerSelected=prepaynew&action=view

I found three on sale on Adverts.ie, at more reasonable prices than the eBay W595 I might add - http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_sony+ericsson+spiro/sortby_best_match-desc/

Just had a look at the Spiro on above link, it looks physically like kind of phone I like, but the reviews are absolutely awful!

Im starting to think maybe a Nokia best suits my needs, I just love my W595, have it 2 years now longest I've kept any phone before has been maybe 7-8 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

spiro is crap,avoid, get another w595 on ebay uk,great phones,still using mine,and its batterd lol

<SNIP>

I had a look at a few of the reviews and it seems to have crappy software, not that I've ever seen or used one of these things IRL. I had a look at prices on Adverts and eBay and anything over €50-60 seems utterly crazy for that phone. SE used to make really good candybars and sliders but as I said earlier they're getting out of that business. I had a look for decent featurephones but they don't seem to exist anymore. Nokia C5-00 or C2-01 maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Your best bet for featurephones these days is, as EarthyPangaea said, Nokia. Their touch and type range are probably the best featurephones on the market, since the other manufacturers are forgetting about featurephones and focussing on smartphones more and more, Nokia's keeping themselves in both markets.

I've been looking for a mid range feature phone and not really seeing any thing decent value wise. Thinking of the Nokia X2 but the build quality seems dire.

Theres very little with a decent camera thats not a touch phone.

If you're willing to step back to 2009 there's always the Sony Ericsson Elm I guess - http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_elm-3057.php

I found it on phonesonline.ie for €163, which seems a bit steep alright - http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=901

I was bored and looked up loads of featurephones, and there seems to be nothing nice available after 2009. The eBay option may be your only hope IMO.

Yeah it does look like I'm stuck with Ebay!

What a disaster, I hate smart phones, I bought an X8 and stopped using it after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BostonB wrote: »
    What would you go for instead?

Cant really answer that as I couldnt buy a phone without having camera, wifi, gps etc because I use those functions everyday

ft9 wrote: »
    Yeah it does look like I'm stuck with Ebay!

What a disaster, I hate smart phones, I bought an X8 and stopped using it after 3 days.

You dont have to get a 'smartphone'. You get something decent, just for calls and texts and excellent battery but least you will have a 24 month warranty, that you can go back to a store here. Buying on your network/porting could get you some extra topup.

isn't that the point. There isn't anything decent that isn't a smart phone these days.

Only decent buttons phones at the moment seem to be C5 and X2. Pricey though. My E71 broke, and the E6 is out of my budget. I tried a Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Samsung Europa and didn't really get on with the touch screens. Though oddly enough I can use an iPod Touch fine.

BostonB wrote: »
    isn't that the point. There isn't anything decent that isn't a smart phone these days.

Only decent buttons phones at the moment seem to be C5 and X2. Pricey though. My E71 broke, and the E6 is out of my budget. I tried a Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Samsung Europa and didn't really get on with the touch screens. Though oddly enough I can use an iPod Touch fine.

Thats it exactly, I really think there is still a good market there for phones that are not touch screen or smart phones but more like my w595.

Advertisement