Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 3 (XBox 360)

• 01-11-2011 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi have been asked to get this as a christmas present..so far cheapest i can find is €44.99 in Tescos but Sold Out in my local:( ..

Any good deals around??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats actually a good price for it, to be honest.

My advice would be to wait until closer to christmas to buy it, it will be a lot cheaper. Maybe even by another tenner.

Oh, also, Welcome to boards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

xrta vision sell it with some decent vouchers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Saw advert for supervalu selling at 45 euro - unusual for them - must be getting into the console market for xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 matthew12

If you wait until Christmas you could pick up a good second hand one in fact sometimes game shops have second han copies only a few days after the release of the game. Also if you are a gamer yourself gamestop have a deal with most new releases where if you trade in 3 games off a least of titles you get the new release fore 3 euro. Not sure if this deal is still running though you would have to check their website or in-store .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

is there a problem getting online with secondhand games though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    is there a problem getting online with secondhand games though?

You will probably have to buy an 'online pass'.
    Not sure if theres one with BF3. There probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

there is an online pass, it can be bought with microsoft points for 15 euro, so might as well get a new copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jryan82

thanks for the info lads..forgotten had posted on this site..

didnt buy it yet..will take your advice CMP and keep an eye out online for a hot deal..Thanks..

Its for a 13 year old nephew who is not allowed within a mile of Call of Duty games..guaranteed hes prob completed MW3 since last week LOL..

will post back here if i find a great deal ..its sure to be top of the Santa list:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 willboy

Hey Jryan

I have a new copy of BF3 for the xbox that is an unwanted present. I will sell it to you if you want? I have checked and it says its the limited edition and has a code inside the box for online play and full access to an expansion pack out in Dec called back to Karkand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

If I were you buy it up the north and get the limited edition as it is different to the limited edition thats sold in the republic. Why? Because the UK gamers get the extra weapons on it as the edition you buy down here doesnt which is very unfair. You get a code with the game to download the extras. Bit of a tip off for you gamer's :D

• Advertisement

jryan82 wrote: »
    thanks for the info lads..forgotten had posted on this site..

didnt buy it yet..will take your advice CMP and keep an eye out online for a hot deal..Thanks..

Its for a 13 year old nephew who is not allowed within a mile of Call of Duty games..guaranteed hes prob completed MW3 since last week LOL..

will post back here if i find a great deal ..its sure to be top of the Santa list:)

Just to let you know BF3 is an 16 year old game and just as bad as call of duty games.

Full of swearing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

4200fps wrote: »
    If I were you buy it up the north and get the limited edition as it is different to the limited edition thats sold in the republic. Why? Because the UK gamers get the extra weapons on it as the edition you buy down here doesnt which is very unfair. You get a code with the game to download the extras. Bit of a tip off for you gamer's :D

Completely incorrect. The edition you refer to is the Physical Warfare pack which is essentially the Limited Edition with some extra code for some guns, namely the Type 88 LMG, instant access to the DAO-12 and SKS sniper rifle. It is not exclusive to the UK as I got it from Gamestop with these.

Completely incorrect. The edition you refer to is the Physical Warfare pack which is essentially the Limited Edition with some extra code for some guns, namely the Type 88 LMG, instant access to the DAO-12 and SKS sniper rifle. It is not exclusive to the UK as I got it from Gamestop with these.
    funny enough my friend bought his limited edition in gamestop in co longford and he never got these extras!?????

funny enough my friend bought his limited edition in gamestop in co longford and he never got these extras!?????

Tough luck on him then :D

Tough luck on him then :D
    Ah your completely wrong, look there's 3 different types for that game. 1st theres BATTLEFIELD3,
    BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION which hasnt the extra weapons!!! and
    BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION ''PHYSICAL WAREFARE PACK'' which has the extra weapons so there you go Cherry_cola some usefull information for you and yes lads its more expensive than the STANDARD limited edition pack! :D:D:D

Ah your completely wrong, look there's 3 different types for that game. 1st theres BATTLEFIELD3,
    BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION which hasnt the extra weapons!!! and
    BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION ''PHYSICAL WAREFARE PACK'' which has the extra weapons so there you go Cherry_cola some usefull information for you and yes lads its more expensive than the STANDARD limited edition pack! :D:D:D

You might want to read my post again since you obviously have difficulty with comprehension. You will see I mentioned it was the physical warfare pack. I got the Physical Warfare pack from Gamestop for €43 which is the same price as the standard limited edition pack.

In fact many other boardsies got the exact same offer. Are you jealous that you missed out? Lol @ you :D

Advertisement