Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice in Visa-Passport expiring!!!!

Options
  • 01-11-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am living in Canada at the moment on an open working visa for one year which is expired on the 16th January 2012.Only problem is my passport is going to expire on September 2012.Does anyone know if this will become an issue when I apply to renew my visa, does it have to be valid for a certain period?Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi Mazi,
    You could have problems there. From what I can see on the u35 Website, your Passport has to be valid for your entire stay in Canada. So If you applied for your second year, they will refuse it because your passport would be expired before your Visa. Im in the same boat. My first Visa is up in July 2012, but my Passport is up in June 2013. So Im applying to get my Passport renewed in nxt week or so to be on the safe side. Hope that helps.

Advertisement