Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a domain via PayPal?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Have had an unsolicited offer for a domain I own & the offer is for over $1000.

Would I be ok taking payment via PayPal & what are the fees likely to be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd be more concerned about the overall transaction ie. at what point is the money going to be sent to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

In advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

iMax wrote: »
    Have had an unsolicited offer for a domain I own & the offer is for over $1000.

Would I be ok taking payment via PayPal & what are the fees likely to be?

PayPal will get 35cents + 3.4% - that is 34.35euro in total.

Guess I'll be asking for PayPal gift then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Dont do it..

Escrow or nothing, i have friends who were ripped off doing this.. Getting a chargeback then for goods not delivered is where i see you getting ripped off :(

U can complain all you want but once the transfer goes through theres nothing you can do from your end either Unless its via escrow.. escrow is around the 50 quid anyway.

Its Technically electronic goods, u have no proof of delivery.. remember this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Do NOT do this with Paypal. Escrow all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dimaer

If it is not going from person you know, use escrow.com or sedo.com for domain sales.
    If he is willing to pay this price it should not be a problem to use on of those for buyer.
    Otherwise you are dealing with high chance of chargeback after domain transfer is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Another vote for escrow. Don't be a sucker!

Update: Went a little slower than I thought it would due to the buyer taking his tie, but escrow cheque arrived this morning. Very happy :)

Great stuff !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

great. you could have also taken bank transfer. easiest, and safest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

can you tell us the domain name now? :D

shblob wrote: »
    great. you could have also taken bank transfer. easiest, and safest.

For him not the buyer..

As a buyer yourself would u send money and then wait for a website ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

No. Tbh I wouldn't ever buy a domain like that. Neither would I buy one with paypal or escrow.

Well thats fair but take the advice from people that do own and sell domains ..

Escrow is the ONLY way to go that gives both buyer and seller protection .. If your either and pick and choose you run the risk of getting ripped off..

Your choice

Advertisement