Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting J1 IWT to HB1

Options
  • 01-11-2011 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I am currently considering staying on stateside after my 1 Year J1 IWT is up next year. The company who I work have expressed an intrest that they would be willing to sponsor my petition and cover the costs.

Firstly I am wondering if this is doable? I have been told the process can take up a few months and I might have to go back to the embassy in Dublin for an interview but that is it really. I have searched the web and spoke to a few people about this but hearing conflicting stories and was wondering has anybody gone through the process first hand?

I've also heard the main issue is to prove that there is a skilled labour demand that you can fill and I was told by an athorney in passing that this not an issue as long it is relivant to your degree.

Any insight would be greatly appericated regarding any of the above!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Corrimbla wrote: »
    I am currently considering staying on stateside after my 1 Year J1 IWT is up next year. The company who I work have expressed an intrest that they would be willing to sponsor my petition and cover the costs.

Firstly I am wondering if this is doable? I have been told the process can take up a few months and I might have to go back to the embassy in Dublin for an interview but that is it really. I have searched the web and spoke to a few people about this but hearing conflicting stories and was wondering has anybody gone through the process first hand?

I've also heard the main issue is to prove that there is a skilled labour demand that you can fill and I was told by an athorney in passing that this not an issue as long it is relivant to your degree.

Any insight would be greatly appericated regarding any of the above!!

Hey,
    I have gone through this, you can pm me for more details.
    Thanks,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have gone through this, you can pm me for more details.
    Thanks,
    Darren

Sent you a pm about this

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Would also like information about this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Hey,

I would also like some info on this...any chance you could post it publicly Darren?

c_k_m wrote: »
    Hey,

I would also like some info on this...any chance you could post it publicly Darren?

Any particular questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

Hey interested how you did this.

What line of work were you in?

How pain full was it? and does your employer want another IWT convert??? :)

letitroll wrote: »
    Hey interested how you did this.

What line of work were you in?

How pain full was it? and does your employer want another IWT convert??? :)

I am an Engineer. The company must pay for the visa. Have a look at the USCIS website for more on H1b visas. I would say, typically you would have to be working at an employer proving yourself or have some special skills for them to invest in the visa.

Advertisement