Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of going with 3 pre-pay...opinions?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Have noticed several threads on this forum regarding 3's poor 3G coverage and (what comes across as) shockingly bad treatment of their customers. I'm considering switching to 3 on pre-pay as their €20 per month deal seems like the best value by far compared to 02, Vodafone, Meteor, etc.

If I were to change over from 02 to the 3 network I would be making the most of the free any network texts and free any network calls on the weekends. A friend of mine also told me that my €20 a month will get me all the internet I need..not sure I believe him on this one as my 4S is arriving this week and I think I'm going to use Siri/Facebook/YouTube/etc. a lot when I'm out and about. Can anyone tell me what I should really expect if I move over to 3 pre-pay? I've been with 02 for the last 10 years, the €20 a month pre-pay offer from 3 sounds great on paper but every time I come to this forum I hear nothing but bad things about 3..

Do any of the complaints apply to their pre-pay plan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Only moved to three a few weeks back from vodafone.
    All you can eat data is brilliant. I downloaded 744mb today alone and am up around 6/7 gigs the last week. All you can eat data and the texts are well handy. The texts are not unlimited, you have thousands of them to use though so its all good.
    I had to contact three a few days ago. Just wanted to port my 087 number over since all my mates know it. Had no problems at all with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You've nothing to lose by trying them out. If it doesn't work out then just port back out again after your €20 credit is used up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

That offer is over in January,so I read on here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

As has been said before they usually extend such offers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i changed from 3 to vodafone payg, a mistake which will be rectified very shortly,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I switched from Meteor to 3 and my experience hasn't been too bad.....so far. I was with 3 when they first launched here, so I've been through interminable tech support calls to India too. The really poor coverage and unsolicited sales calls at the time prompted me to move to Meteor in the first place.

This time around, things haven't quite been so bad. I haven't had high-pressure calls trying to get me on a contract. The "unlimited" data and the texts have been really handy. I still have some problems with 3G coverage and 2G to 3G handover, but they aren't a show stopper.

So I'm feeling positive about the move. Although I have to admit paying a fiver for the SIM pack seemed a bit much, most networks give them out for free.

On the other hand, my little brother switched from Vodafone to 3 and he couldn't port his Vodafone number, and he settled for using the 3 number he got with the SIM.

Advertisement