Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you buy your JRPGs

Options
  • 01-11-2011 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Hello JRPGers, I usually pick up my games by reading what the current hot property is through the JRPG forum, however one thing I want to know is, do you buy through Digital Shops such as PSN and XBLA/Wii services, or do you go for the hard copy DS Cartridges, UMDs etc etc.

I know it unusually depends on the game but for example games such as Persona 3 can be acquired though both the PSN (was 25 euros at the weekend) and UMD. The collector inside of me feel that I should pick up the hard copy, but the common sense monster says that I should buy digital (which usually cheaper, but not always) so when I get a Vita (which I will) I can access games regardless of psp/vita preference.

What do you think/practise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I was actually only thinking this yesterday. I saw Valkyrie Chronicles 2 in CEX for €20 and remembered thinking it was a good price but would wait till payday to get it. Then I looked at PSN last night and saw it on sale for €16. I was thinking about getting it when I went out later and saw it for €35 in Gamestop. That kind of price difference was easy to choose between, but otherwise, I'd be more inclined to go for the physical box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I choose them by looking at reviews and listening to the excellent roleplayers reealm podcast.

As for buying them? Boxed copies all the way. You'll own it forever then unlike a digital one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I ask boards.ie and buy them off amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Videogamesplus.ca if it isnt released in europe gameplay.co.uk if it is
    I always know what's coming out anyway and dont trust any sites opinions on what's good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Eh nowhere in particular. Wherever I see them for a reasonable price. I'll probably get trails in the sky and persona 2 on psn though since the CE doesn't appeal to me. I'll probably have a vita by the time I get to them anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement