Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel prices in Longford - Query

Options
  • 01-11-2011 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

Has any one seen any good deals on solid fuel in the Longford area that they could share, this is my 1st year using a stove and would like to get a general idea of how much a bag of coal, turf and sticks are also the best places to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

You will get 6 bags of coal of enda mc keown for about 90 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

theres that new place on the athlone road too supposed to be cheap by all accounts but not used them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

davehey79 wrote: »
    theres that new place on the athlone road too supposed to be cheap by all accounts but not used them myself

Is that Payless Fuels? I saw one of their signs advertising a bale of briquettes for €2.70 but don't know how much they charge for coal, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

that's the one not sure either but as far as i know they are cheaper than anyone else around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Go to Ganleys.

€3.19 for a bale of PROPER BNM Briquettes there now. They were just €3 apparently Saturday gone by.

Coal is much the same price wherever you go.

Sticks----Half way between Longford and Edgeworthstown on the main Dublin Road......I think he's McCormack...he's the cheapest for sticks, he's just off the main road but you won't miss him, he's on the left if driving towards Longford.

Does all fuels out there and Dog nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Just make sure the money saved on the fuel is greater than the cost of the petrol, etc. it takes to travel to these places... :pac:

Advertisement