Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Top Up

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

basically i topped up with 20euro credit on the 18th of october, i had signed up to free texts and calls to meteor a long time ago and now all my credit has run out,i just realised it yesterday when i called my gf i got a prompt on my phone saying a had 30 cents left, it says to keep the offer going simply top by 20euro every 30days,anyone have any issues with this, am i entitled to any redress, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you contacted Meteor about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

skinny90 wrote: »
    basically i topped up with 20euro credit on the 18th of october, i had signed up to free texts and calls to meteor a long time ago and now all my credit has run out,i just realised it yesterday when i called my gf i got a prompt on my phone saying a had 30 cents left, it says to keep the offer going simply top by 20euro every 30days,anyone have any issues with this, am i entitled to any redress, thanks in advance
    You need to contact meteor with as much detail as you can including your mobile number and account pin number as well as details of the offer/promotion you were on. I always found sending an email easiest as you get to keep a copy of the communication.

Also be patient and give them 48 hours after bringing it to their attention but after that email again and use the heading "formal complaint" and include that your previous query was not dealt with in the normal timeframe. You could also contact ComReg at this time to alert them of what could be an unfaIr practice whereby free texts etc are not applied to customers accounts. This issue seems to be a major problem for some operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd bet my house on the fact that you signed up to Talk, Text & Internet which went up to €30 on 1st October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

i was never informed about that...during the summer i got that text but they never told me about the increase to 30 euro,the message says u have been availing of the offer for the last 30 days to keep availing bla bla bla simply top up by 20E

very very cheeky to increase the offer by 10 quid

• Advertisement

Just an Update i emailed meteor when i set up the thread,today they rang me when i had completly forgot about it but anyways they downgraded my account down to free calls and texts(instead of internet for 30 quid)which i was happy about and then topped it up by 20euro.well chuffed i am,not many compliments about meteor on boards but heres one,fair play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

very very cheeky to increase the offer by 10 quid

It was noted on all their literature that the price was a promotional one and that it was going up to 30e on 2nd Sept. It was extended until the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Happened to me, too, and my friend. Got a text saying top up by 20 to avail of free talk, text and internet but rang Meteor as I was told I'd be switched back to talk and text once the internet deal went up in price. They said all was fine, so I topped up and all my credit was taken. Same thing happened to my best friend. After 2 days and about 70 phone calls (no joke, fcukers kept ending the calls without even picking them up and leaving me on hold for over an hour at a time!), they paid up. Then took the credit away once my texts and talk were enabled. Cue more calls til they put the credit back on my account, as it had only been used (unknowingly) for texting and calling Meteor numbers.

Now I'm after getting a text saying 'please top up by 30 euro to continue to avail of free talk, text and internet,' so I have no idea what plan they actually have me on! :mad:

ya it was until oct but was anware as i generally dont read the daunting texts that they send(my mistake for not reading it)anyways like i said i just sent a nice email about 2-3weeks ago,completly forgot about it as im up to eyes in college and then they called me yesterday,try sending the email to them on their site you will get a call from a 043 number, hope that helps

Advertisement