Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comms Issues on BF3 (PS3)

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Anyone else having problems with communication between squad members on BF3 (PS3).
    Its pretty bad between two players... terrible between 3 and basically non-existent when theres 4 in the squad. All you can hear is random words... silence.... half a word.
    Pain in the ar*e really!
    Just wondering if this is the case for many people on PS3...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

Must be just me then... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

steve22 wrote: »
    Must be just me then... :(
    It's not just you, it will be part of the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

aw boo.. i just bought it today and even bought myself a headset so i could communicate.. oh well probably best at least now i wont be able to hear people abusing me for being so bad

Varik wrote: »
    It's not just you, it will be part of the next patch.

I see.... thanks! couldnt find any definite info on the web.
    Harpy wrote: »
    aw boo.. i just bought it today and even bought myself a headset so i could communicate.. oh well probably best at least now i wont be able to hear people abusing me for being so bad

ah you'd get more abuse for being too good........... not that i'd know much about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Definately not you, i have the same problem and everyone I play with is experiencing it. It is so bad now that I don't even bother talking when playing with more than 1 person on comms.

Its a shame but it will be fixed.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Definately not you, i have the same problem and everyone I play with is experiencing it. It is so bad now that I don't even bother talking when playing with more than 1 person on comms.

Its a shame but it will be fixed.

the whole point of playing in a squad goes out the window when you cant communicate.
    We'll just have to wait for the patch so but at least it will be sorted eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is there any word on a patch?

havent heard anything yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

no word on a fix for this yet?

Is this working at all at the moment? Just got a headset and am dying to try the chat out as I think it'll add an extra dimension to the game.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is this working at all at the moment? Just got a headset and am dying to try the chat out as I think it'll add an extra dimension to the game.

about as much as it was from release. Its almost tolerable between two people but any more than that and its worthless. If youre playing with one other person you'll probably hear what they're saying 80% of the time... still not worth it for any sort of team work and you lose all benefits of being in a squad. the sooner they fix it the better............. but im still waiting.

about as much as it was from release. Its almost tolerable between two people but any more than that and its worthless. If youre playing with one other person you'll probably hear what they're saying 80% of the time... still not worth it for any sort of team work and you lose all benefits of being in a squad. the sooner they fix it the better............. but im still waiting.

Thanks for that. The amount of times I've wanted to say "Holding B but a crowd coming attacking, any chance of a hand!" or "I'll draw their fire while you head around the back and attack" etc. It'd make a world of difference.

Thanks for that. The amount of times I've wanted to say "Holding B but a crowd coming attacking, any chance of a hand!" or "I'll draw their fire while you head around the back and attack" etc. It'd make a world of difference.

Yeah or getting your squad mates to avenge your death by giving away the location from the kill cam.....
    I hope it gets sorted soon so i can start enjoying it properly but until then i'm going to use it as my excuse for being terrible!!

Yeah or getting your squad mates to avenge your death by giving away the location from the kill cam.....
    I hope it gets sorted soon so i can start enjoying it properly but until then i'm going to use it as my excuse for being terrible!!

Yeah that's it. I'm not terrible, it's just that I can't communicate with anyone!

Yeah that's it. I'm not terrible, it's just that I can't communicate with anyone!

exactly... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I sent them a tweet the other day and got the 'We are aware of the situation thank you for your patience. You are a valued customer.' reply.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I sent them a tweet the other day and got the 'We are aware of the situation thank you for your patience. You are a valued customer.' reply.

i wonder is that a standard reply to every question asked?
    If they're aware of it it's just a matter of sitting it out i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I have all sorts of problems with it sometimes fine sometimes absolutely useless. Have only had one or two good games with actual squad chat.

Advertisement