Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield roadworks

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

The roadworks at Hansfield Road are still going on. There is very little provision for the safety of pedestrians.

6295920206_d7f142d448_o.jpg

6295920078_b09d09cd25_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mustang68

Agree with you totally, also as I drive down there twice a day there are always pedestrians walking on the road in the normally in dark clothes. I'm amazed that no one has been injured (that we know of) yet. It is like some third world country at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The new roadworks/onstreet parking around Clonsilla station are due to finish next Friday. I have to say the whole area looks quite impressive now. The finished product is/will be far more pedestrian friendly and having traffic lights at the track/bridge junction is long overdue. The addition of speed ramps is no harm either. I've lost count of the cars that have driven off the road at the bend. I also especially like the fact they've raised the old footpath along the Porterstown Gate side. No more wading through 4 inches of water after heavy downpours! :D The free parking for commuters currently will be shortlived however as I'm sure charges will come into effect in the New Year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

@Ongarboy, I agree, the end result is a huge improvement and is long overdue.

It will be interesting to see if the finished product will relieve the on-street parking situation on the Clonsilla Link road, at times, it can be challenge to navigate this stretch of road with lines of cars parked either side. In reality, I don't anticipate any change, I assume this piece of road will continue to act as an overflow for commuter parking. Assuming that the new spaces will be pay-and-display, the council may opt to extend double yellow lines up sections of the link road that were previously left blank with a view to maximising revenue generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I still don't see an end to these roadworks as the footpath on the Portersgate side of the road is not yet completed. When the traffic lights come into operation I foresee traffic chaos for some type for the local residents until they work out a reasonable frquency of light changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

As overdue as it was, this really is a great piece of work and looks very impressive. Disappointed to see so many tree's cut down along the canal opposite Portersgate though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement