Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky renewal offers?

• 01-11-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭

Morning all.
    My 12 month contract with sky is up next month, and I'm wondering does anyone have any inside info on what they can offer me?
    I rang them, and they said they can give me 25% off for the next 12 months. That offer was thrown straight at me by just asking what was available. So I'm thinking there might be more if I push things.

Anyone have any experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you try cancel they give a better deal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Sully.

It was cancellations I got onto. Told them I wanted to give my 30 days notice, and they offered me the 25%. Don't know what more I can squeeze them for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Soarer

What package are you on currently? Are you on the basic 23euro or have you movie packs, sky sports etc. ie do they give discounts when you are on the basic pack?

Plus is the 25% discount conditional on you signing on for another year?

Hi andrew.

I'm currently on the basic pack with kids & discovery & HD. Works out at €42 a month I think.
    The 25% discount doesn't apply to the HD, and is conditional on signing up for another 12 months.

Would love to keep what we have, including the HD, and add in the Sports. But there's no way I'm paying nearly €75 a month for telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Myself, on 23euro a month with basic plus discovery pack. no HD, I cancelled HD after a month (had a bit of issues but won the day).

I used not have the kids channels: Nick Jr in particular, however that has been working the past 2 months without any action on my part.

I would cancel the HD pack as I do not feel its worth the money plus the BBC HD remains after canncelation so you still keep the best HD channel.

If no interest in sports or movies 23 a month is ok as the sky plus is the best feature of the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Myself, on 23euro a month with basic plus discovery pack. no HD, I cancelled HD after a month (had a bit of issues but won the day).

I used not have the kids channels: Nick Jr in particular, however that has been working the past 2 months without any action on my part.

I would cancel the HD pack as I do not feel its worth the money plus the BBC HD remains after canncelation so you still keep the best HD channel.

If no interest in sports or movies 23 a month is ok as the sky plus is the best feature of the system.

Anyone with 2 packs or more under the old system automatically got all non premium channels at no extra cost until August 2013:D
    Sky have changed from 6 packs to just 2 as of September 1st,a lot of people haven't copped the fact that they have extra channels for free now.

As of today,BBC OneHD is now on channel 234:):)

So if I cancel my kids and discovery channels, I'll still get them and not pay for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

there are now two packages as mentioned above, package one is basic for 25 euro, and package two is everything else except movies and sports for 33 euro.
    sky sports is 34 extra with espn for free
    sky movies is 28 extra per month
    both of these are half price for three months to existing customers

http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/ireland/build

i rang sky last week to cancel my hd and they gave it to me for 7.50 a month, which wasn't bad

Thanks Paddy.

I wonder if they'll give all discounts at once ie. halfprice HD, 25% off the basic package, and halfprice sports for 3 months?
    Will ring to find out.

Soarer wrote: »
    So if I cancel my kids and discovery channels, I'll still get them and not pay for them?

Doesn't work that way because you're now on the new package system.The price you pay now stays as is 'til August 2013 even though you have more channels now.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »

Doesn't work that way because you're now on the new package system.The price you pay now stays as is 'til August 2013 even though you have more channels now.
    A lot of people copped the fact that you could reduce your packs to 2 before September 1st and then get all non premiums they didn't subscribe to for free,alas you can't do that anymore.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/

Advertisement