Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone finished Death note's manga AND anime?

• 01-11-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

(spoilerfree post)

I watched Death Note a while ago and loved the series - except for the ending... now I wondered whether it's exactly the same in the manga or whether they changed some stuff like with most animes.
    If it's exactly the same I don't see much sense in reading it all, but if they changed stuff I'd love to, just to see the alternative storyline...

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The ending is much better than the show's. I'd recommend reading the entire manga regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 notdavidbowie

I love both the manga and the anime, couldnt really choose a favourite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

The one-shot manga is even better than the manga proper in my opinion.
    erasing the name brought the person back to life, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mark_grape

Yes and for me it was one hell of a anime, one of my favories, and ai have senn quite a lot :D:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 krazykooper

I read all the manga and thought it was brilliant. But all I can say is you should avoid the live action movie of it like the plague. It doesn't even deserve to spit shine the shoes of the manga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

I read all the manga and thought it was brilliant. But all I can say is you should avoid the live action movie of it like the plague. It doesn't even deserve to spit shine the shoes of the manga

It's worth watching the live action movie for
    the ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 krazykooper

Haelium wrote: »

It's worth watching the live action movie for
    the ending

the ending
    is completely different though. Even to the manga and anime. In fact the anime follows the manga relatively accurately. And the movie does stuff conpletely differently such as
    leaving out the last 5 issues of the manga out of the movie and then making up their own ending. Which in my opinion is not good as the manga's ending (and fair enough if you like the movie ending, it's still kinda clever

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ForgottenCandy

Liked this series but somehow got bored about halfway through it. Am planning to finish it though, since I don't want to waste all those hours spent on nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

Enderman wrote: »
    The ending is much better than the show's. I'd recommend reading the entire manga regardless.
    also agree reading it is way better

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tbfrance11

would go for manga :) but the anime is cool, too. the live action is kinda lame for me, though :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GamingSynergy

I finished both in under 72 hours! It was like a continuous mind-blowing experience which didn't let up until both had ended!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

I loved the anime and manga. The live action movies imo were amazing. I'm not looking forward to the american live action adaption. No way is that going to be good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

are you talking about the movie where it was acted out by real people? O.o that one actually wasn't so bad. my cousin is reading the manga and loves it.

Advertisement