Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unspread heaped FYM

• 01-11-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭

Where to from here, now for field heaps of unspread FYM due to the weather conditions. I had hoped to get a couple of heaps spread on maize ground but this is only being cut this week. Its being heaped there since last July waiting for spreading. Rules say I cant spread or I cant leave heaped in a field over the closed period. couple of informer neighbours local aswell so my options are limited

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Where to from here, now for field heaps of unspread FYM due to the weather conditions. I had hoped to get a couple of heaps spread on maize ground but this is only being cut this week. Its being heaped there since last July waiting for spreading. Rules say I can spread or I can leave heaped in a field over the closed period. couple of informer neighbours local aswell so my options are limited
    Thats a fcuked up situation, Bob. You cant leave them in the field without breaking the rules or spread without breaking the rules, afaik.

To my mind, the best option is spreading as the dung will be over a larger area and will have better uptake of nutrients than just ignoring it on the edge of a field. But the neighbours add a bad complication.

And our minister of the environment has confirmed there will be no extension of the date.

Best of luck with that decision, Bob:(

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

I thought fym was ok to spread until the 15th of Nov, slurry had the earlier deadline?, either way at least if your contractor backs you up and said there was maize in the field until what ever day he cut it what can they say, you had no choice, afterall i think they would rather see it spread than one big heap leeching away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Rules say I can spread or I can leave heaped in a field over the closed period.

If the bit in bold is right, I would phone the relevant section/coco or whomever and talk to them about spreading it. Then, if you do go ahead and spread, and get reported, they'll already have a record of your discussion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Awkward one, cover it with topsoil and leave it till january. What did coco (the clowns) say when you rang them?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

blue5000 wrote: »
    Awkward one, cover it with topsoil and leave it till january. What did coco (the clowns) say when you rang them?

I was thinking about sprinkling with topsoil alright. Not too interested in asking the CoCo as im in a constant rangle due to circumstances outside my control plus they will just read from the directive. I sent them an email two weeks ago and yet to hear anything, they are probably out trying to prosecute some other poor devil instead of offering advice. 50mm of rain on the way for tomorrow:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

AFAIK you could cover it with Silage cover and you will be ok. How big a heap is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

let sleeping dogs lie (coco) either cover it or spread it tomorrow, people spreading today around here, what will another day do?

its a b!tch when neighbours are as you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Contractor has lights hasnt he??, get it spread :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

John_F wrote: »
    let sleeping dogs lie (coco)
    its a b!tch when neighbours are as you say

Mine CoCo are far from a sleeping dog, 4 visits already this year, Nice neighbour,

Will probably load it up on trucks tomorrow as its just heaped of farm roadway and cart it off to another farm a good few miles off to spread before wheat sowing.

Advertisement