Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Ballymoneen Rd to Salthill?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Sorry to ask, but if I could figure this out I might actually take public tranport more often!

Meeting some friends at the Cottage for 9pm. There is a convenient stop on Ballymoneen/Western Distributor. The timetables I've found are useless and never mention a specific stop let a lone the unmarked corner I know is a stop. Usually I wait there for 30 minutes, nothing happens, and I give up. If other people are waiting I know I'm in luck, although I don't think they have a service to salthill.

Is there a way or is Galway's public transport just totally useless?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I know this is an incredibly long shot but have you considered contacting the bus provider involved?

After you wait 30 minutes, then what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Well I have tried to figure this out via their websites and galwaytransport. I can see there is the 2W and 2D routes that leave from the church drop down the road from where I usually wait. However their timetables don't mention what time they pass that particular stop and there is nearly an hour inbetween services.

Is seems like if you aren't "in the know" you're out of luck. Or you have to be deperate enough to wait an hour. What do I do? Waste €10 on a taxi to drive me 2.5 miles and drink less pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

There are the 2W and 2D on buseireann. City Direct number 34 and 36 also go this route http://www.citydirectgalway.ie/timetable.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

BTW, JustMary has a great resource available for such queries,

http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/summary-map-galw-ay-city-services.html

Advertisement