Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile service in Donegal/Letterkenny

Options
  • 01-11-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Folks,

Got a good deal on emobile but wondering what their service in Donegal and specifically around letterkenny is like before I take the plunge!

Any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I don't think anyone i know has e-mobile around here, but coverage i think is on the vodafone network so should be decent anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

I have an emobile subscription for over a year now and had no problems what so ever.

As far as Im aware they are using the Meteor network, so a coverage map from meteor should show you their coverage. I have full coverage in most areas of the county including Letterkenny.

The reason i went for them was because they had the cheapest monthly package and price for buying the particular smart phone I was after. I researched the main Irish carriers and they worked out the best deal.

Although I am a light user i have a monthly package that costs €14.99 per month. That gets me 100 minutes of calls and 100 texts. The phone (N8) cost me €150 (18 month contract), again the cheapest on the market at the time. A 1GB data package costs somewhere in the region of €10 but you may not need this if using the Wifi. If your an existing eircom customer you get another 10% off your monthly bill.

I would recommend them anyway. Had no bother with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

with mention of data cap in last post 1gb is probably more than enough!

I stream radio for 150 hours or so a month at least (39 hours a week) and used about 4gb.

so for facebook or browsing you should be ok, for always on with streaming radio/podcast/videos you might want to look into it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

Thanks folks.

Advertisement