Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating in Dublin

Options
  • 01-11-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi i know there are a good few threads already on this but some are kinda old so wasn't sure if the suggestions are still valid.

I'm graduating on Friday and the families coming up for it, I've been given the job of finding us somewhere to eat but i haven't had much experience of restaurants during my college time. I need somewhere close to Trinity College that does food with potatoes because my dad isn't adventurous. Talking budget or 20-30 per head prob going at around half 6 so should be able to get the early bird i suppose. We are gonna be pretty dressed up so somewhere not to casual would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for any help you can give :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd highly recommend Dobbins off Merrion Sq. Not too far from Trinity.
    Good food and not too adventurous. Your Dad sounds like my own, and he really likes it here.
    Dobbins.ie. Early bird on there until 7pm.
    26.50 for 3 courses ( menus take a second or two to load on that page).
    Would be worth booking as it's quite popular.

Congrats on your graduation, and hope you have a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Pig's Ear might be slightly over your budget but it's worth it!

http://www.thepigsear.ie/

The food in Pichet is amazing too and they do an early bird which would be more suited to the price you suggested.

http://www.pichet-restaurant.com/index.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's a good early bird in FXB Crow Street, though it finishes at 6.30 so you'd need to get in a little bit early. Great food and plenty of choice for the less adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

fallon and byrne is a lovely room, good for occasions and within budget.
    It's upstairs above the foodstore on exchequer street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I'd second Fallon & Byrne - lovely venue and nyum food

• Advertisement
Advertisement