Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband only

Options
  • 01-11-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Just wondering
    I'm an existing customer phone line and broadband
    I really only want broadband so can I cancel phone line and keep broadband ?
    Also for someone else who asked similar when discussing my query at work
    Will eircom install bb to a new customer without a phone line as that person doesn't want a line either ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

i have bb and phone but i am sure if you get in touch with them they will be all to happy to answer that question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

soundsham wrote: »
    Just wondering
    Will eircom install bb to a new customer without a phone line as that person doesn't want a line either ?
    Thanks

Hi soundsham
    I am afraid that eircom broadband is a fixed line broadband and can only be delivered over a telephone line and is not possible without the line.
    It is possible to get mobile broadband from emobile ( you can find out more here )
    Hope this answers your query, if not just post me.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Just wondering
    Thanks

Hi soundsham
    I am afraid that eircom broadband is a fixed line broadband and can only be delivered over a telephone line and is not possible without the line.
    It is possible to get mobile broadband from emobile ( you can find out more here )
    Hope this answers your query, if not just post me.
    Tony
    Ya understood
    The question is can I ditch my phone and keep BB unlimited data
    Thus reducing my bill from €52 to & €30 approx
    Thanks
    PM'd Tony

Ya understood
    The question is can I ditch my phone and keep BB unlimited data
    Thus reducing my bill from €52 to & €30 approx
    Thanks
    PM'd Tony

Hi soundsham
    No afraid not. As line is necessary to deliver broadband service a line rental charge is applied. Broadband, line and call charges are bundled to offer the best possible price.
    Hope this clarifies issue.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Tony i think he means that he would like to go on a broadband only package instead of broadband and phone together to reduce monthly bills as having a phone can cost alot along with broadband.

It advertises on the Eircom website that it is possible to get a broadband only package is this not the case anymore is a telephone package required to have broadband now with Eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Yes but he will still be obliged to pay somewhere in the region of €24 per month for the line rental so he may as well be able to get calls on it. The effect on his bill I imagine would be negligible.

jay93 wrote: »
    Tony i think he means that he would like to go on a broadband only package instead of broadband and phone together to reduce monthly bills as having a phone can cost alot along with broadband.

It advertises on the Eircom website that it is possible to get a broadband only package is this not the case anymore is a telephone package required to have broadband now with Eircom?
    Correct
    You explained it better than myself
    On the website there are bb only packages advertised

pm'd same to Tony yesterday

How long does a reply normally take

I'll ring customer care if I get no reply after 48hours and re-post answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

soundsham,

Could you keep me updated on the outcome of this,Also interested in doing the same as yourself.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    soundsham,

Could you keep me updated on the outcome of this,Also interested in doing the same as yourself.
    Ya no prob
    will buzz them tomorrow at lunchtime
    And post reply here

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    soundsham,

Ya no prob
    will buzz them tomorrow at lunchtime
    And post reply here
    Rang after work
    Can't have bb without phone line :-(
    Snookered by the man !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Rang after work
    Snookered by the man !!

Vodafone will provide fixed line broadband only.

jay93 wrote: »

Hi jay93
    that particular package would only apply if you already have a phone line.
    All eircoms broadband package are fixed line services so an installed line has always been necessary for us to deliver this service.
    You can get line and broadband without getting any call bundle package but if you compare prices you will see that the bundle is actually cheaper and gives some free or reduced calls.
    Hope this clarfies my first answer.
    Tony

Rang after work
    Snookered by the man !!

Hi soundsham
    yes have just replied to your PM, apologies for delay was not around yesterday.
    As I had posted in my first reply, our service is a fixed line broadband seervice so does need a fixed line to be installed.
    Tony

Advertisement