Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spayed cat showing 'heat' symptoms?

• 01-11-2011 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

My 3 year old cat has started acting like she is on heat in the last day

She was spayed over 2 years ago

She is urine marking , leaving drops of blood ,wailing and crying,has become EXTREMELY affectionate rubbing herself off everyone and everything. She is also very restless and is trying to get out all the time

I dont know whats going on i thought once they were apayed they didnt come into heat ?Do i need to bring her to my vet ?Thanks for any info much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

If your seeing drops of blood then I would go to a vet. It sounds like she is having a heat, not just showing false signs. If she has had a hysterectomy she should not be showing blood.

Did you get her spayed yourself or were you told she was when you got her? (ie could there be a chance she hasnt been spayed)

Keep her inside for now and if you can ask the vet about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Cats can actually go into heat after being spayed if there is any of the ovarian tissue left behind. But it's possible she has a UTI too, as it a lot of what you describe are classic symptoms of a urinary track infection. Either way, I'd recommend
    a trip to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated
    im 100 % sure she has been spayed so will def take her to the vet to get it checked out
    i will let you know how it goes thanks again:)

Advertisement