Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very quiet All Hallows Eve

• 01-11-2011 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Cherrymount and I didn't get a single knock! What's more I only heard
    one party of children all evening, the age profile of kids where I live is now either a bit young or old for this sort of thing but nonetheless I'd expect some trick or treaters from nearby to chance their arms. None did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Cherrymount also. I got like 20 of them, but tbh most of the kids around here have grown up already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I think I got one knock, but I'm not sure (had headphones on) and didn't answer it. When I left to go to work at 10:30 the covering had been pulled off the car in the driveway. It quite possibly could have been the wind but I'm putting it down to a "trick". Also Cherrymount and I think the kids around here probably know better than to knock on our door. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Adyx wrote: »
    I think I got one knock, but I'm not sure (had headphones on) and didn't answer it. When I left to go to work at 10:30 the covering had been pulled off the car in the driveway. It quite possibly could have been the wind but I'm putting it down to a "trick". Also Cherrymount and I think the kids around here probably know better than to knock on our door. :P

?
    pedobear_design_black.png
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hillview and didn't get any knock at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Probably all off shooting up I hear most the kids are at it nowadays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Was there even a bonfire around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Didn't see one being prepared or lit. Hardly heard a banger either. All in all its looks like the recession has got the better of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Mega Chin wrote: »
    ?

:pac:
    More like this tbh!
    get_off_my_lawn.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

well over 60 kids at the door last night here in monvoy valley,tramore-there was a great buzz around,loads of houses dressed up and getting into the spirit of things! only thing missing was the bonfire.i haven't seen one in the 10 years i'm living in tramore.

miss having a few cans at the bonfires in hillview,those were the days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

City council were busy picking up the piles that the kids were collecting.
    They have been doing this for the last two years or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

We only had about 7 or 8 groups knocking on our door in Viewmount. Some years is mad busy and you run out of sweets other years it's quiet and you're left with a lot of sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No harm being left with a lot of sweets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I left a bowl of mini-bars in the hall, but had to go out at peak 'calling' time. When I got back about maybe half the bars had gone. 'I had loads of callers' says hubby, 'well there's still loads of sweets left' said I, 'I gave them one each' says he....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Explode-05-june.gif

Explode-06-june.gif

Advertisement