If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LED TV - LG/Philips Quotes

Options
  • 01-11-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

I'm in need of a 32-37" LCD screen, preferably LED edge-lit due to depth restrictions. Budget is 350-500, with stretching only possible in very exceptional circumstances.

Other requirements are:

• Saorview compatible
    • Freeview (Freeview HD preferable)
    • USB Media Playback (Varied media support - AVI, MKV, WMV - VC9, h264, DTS, MP3 etc)
    • DNLA Preferable

With that in mind I've narrowed it down to to two, possibly 3, models:

LG-LV550T
    LG-LV355T
    32PFL7406H

I'm hesitant to include the last as an option because I purchased two 42PLF8404s from RS/Philips two years ago and the media playback was a massive letdown. DNLA was let down by the buggy/slow Philips OS and the lack of supported formats while the USB option might as well have been forgotten about, unable to handle even the most simply XviD AVI files. I've since had my faith restored in USB media playback thanks to a Samsung 3D TV so I might be willing to give Philips another go.

Anyways, if I could get the best boardsie price for these 3 models (I can pick up from the Philips store) then that'd be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi TouchingVirus

We have the Philips 32PFL7406H on display and up and running in The Philips Shop and would be happy to demo it for you, especially if you bring in a USB key with the various files you'd like it to be able to handle.

I've attached the spec sheet here for you to check it out - i look like it hits all your requirements.

It shpould handle the following according to the spec AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC,MPEG1, 2 & 4 AS WELL AS WMV/VC1 plus AAC, MP3 and WMA ETC

The 32PFL7406H sells instore for €699.99 so will come in over budget - I'll pm you a Boardies Special Price on it now.

We have this TV in stock ready to roll

Hopefully the lads in Richer Sounds will come back to you with prices on the LG's

atb
    Ash

Hi TouchingVirus

Just a quick note - I saw your pm and responded- sent twice as I had a little PC hiccup this end:o

Can you confirm you received my response?? if not i'll send again

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Cheers Ash, can confirm I received your response thanks, just waiting on the RS guys to get back to me regarding the other two TVs :)

Just another thing Ash, does the 7406H come with a DVB-T2 tuner for Freeview HD? Will this be required to obtain BBC etc in HD? Is there a downside to just having a regular DVB-T for freeview (i.e. come the digital switchover in NI will we have to just make do with Saorview/freesat?)

Hi there

Just checked spec and chatted with our TV rep for confirmation and the H models do not have DVB-T2 tuners - they will happily decode the Soarview HD channels no worries but not the Freeview HD channels broadcast in Northern Ireland/UK.

The DVB-T tuner in the 7406H will decode regular Freeview with out a problem however.

hope this helps

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

I'm still waiting on the lads to get back to me about the LG tvs but I'd be ready to make a move on the Philips TV - any chance you got my latest PM?

Hi there

I'll check my pm's and come back to you

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Touching.

Cheers for the post and for the PM kicking me to respond !

The LG 42LV550T and the LG 42LV355T would be £549.95 and £479.95 respectively.

We could send them by courier to the Philips Shop for £9.95 or we could send them direct to you for the same amount.

Unfortunately both of these models are the cheapest that we can do, but let me know if you get a better price.

The 42LV550T is one that I have in stock although the 42LV355T is one that I would have to order in. We do keep the 37" in it, but not the 42".

As usual, the 5 year warranty would be 10% of the price.

The LG are very good at the media playback from either dlna or from USB, so I don't feel that you will have the same problem as before.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

I'm in need of a 32-37" LCD screen, preferably LED edge-lit due to depth restrictions. Budget is 350-500, with stretching only possible in very exceptional circumstances.

Other requirements are:

• Saorview compatible
    • Freeview (Freeview HD preferable)
    • USB Media Playback (Varied media support - AVI, MKV, WMV - VC9, h264, DTS, MP3 etc)
    • DNLA Preferable

With that in mind I've narrowed it down to to two, possibly 3, models:

LG-LV550T
    LG-LV355T
    32PFL7406H

I'm hesitant to include the last as an option because I purchased two 42PLF8404s from RS/Philips two years ago and the media playback was a massive letdown. DNLA was let down by the buggy/slow Philips OS and the lack of supported formats while the USB option might as well have been forgotten about, unable to handle even the most simply XviD AVI files. I've since had my faith restored in USB media playback thanks to a Samsung 3D TV so I might be willing to give Philips another go.

Anyways, if I could get the best boardsie price for these 3 models (I can pick up from the Philips store) then that'd be great.

Thanks for the reply Dave, those prices are for the 42" models, I'm looking for 32" :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the reply Dave, those prices are for the 42" models, I'm looking for 32" :)

TV,

apologies!

LG-LV550T - £449.95 (Nice)
    LG-LV355T - £349.95 ( in short supply unfortunately just at the moment!)
    32PFL7406H - £479.95 - If you like I can have the guys check out the USB eprformance of this on whatever your preferred format is???

Keep me posted and apologies again for the delay AND the cock up!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Not to worry John, thanks a million for getting back to me so quick :)

Hi John,

What's your lead time on the 355T?

Danny

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

What's your lead time on the 355T?

Danny

....32 & 37" both VERY tight, but today available from stock..

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

....32 & 37" both VERY tight, but today available from stock..

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John,

Will take a 32LV355T :) Sending you a PM.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.