Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore night out

Options
  • 01-11-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a free dinner and wine in restaurant in Tramore on Saturday night. Gonna have to get a taxi home after, any idea of the cost.

Is it worth staying out there Saturday night for a while or is it only local pubs on offer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Taxi would be about €20

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shouldn't cost much/any more than €20. Call Strand Cabs (worth booking in advance if its a weekend for a town trip) 051 390009.

In terms of staying out, there can be some good deals in the hotels. B&Bs are also fairly cheap. :)

(Moved to Waterford County)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

I've heard that the Grand Hotel do pretty good deals at this time of year...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

20 quid to town whether its 1 passenger or 4. i don't think many hackney drivers will take a booking to town on a saturday night between 1-3am

i know its our busiest time of the week and you would make twice as much on local fares in the same time as going in to town for 20euro.

my advice,try the grand for accomodation.they had a great deal on a while ago for 20pps room only(min 2guests per room) extra 20 quid compared to a taxi fare and you can drive to tramore and drive home the following day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Grand sometimes do late check outs also, don't want to be caught driving with still a bit of drink on ya with those new laws. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks for the tips... but (no offence here) what is there to do in Tramore after the dinner... any late bars etc?

Last time i was out there I was in the Baldy Man and the "hi-bee" which was donkeys years ago!!!

Well there is a nightclub now called "The Venue!" which is part of Osheas... To be honest I've never been so no idea what it's like, but check their website for more info... http://www.thevenuetramore.com/

head to the vic first for a few(best pub in town imo) then head up to the grand for the late drinks,rubber soul are playing saturday night. however if you prefer cattlemarts and a crowd thats mainly under 23 then head for the venue.

Sounds good... would be something different.

Is The Venue any good?

Reckon I could get a hotel room cheap???

Definitely, this is the best time of year to get a deal in the Tramore hotels, give the Grande a call...

Their prices are good if you phone them and ask for a good deal... You could probably get them down on price...

http://www.grand-hotel.ie/

The Raglan Road is also a nice place to go out in Tramore, http://www.facebook.com/RaglanRoadTramore

• Advertisement

I can stay out there for €50 meaning I would safe a taxi fare home and the bus fare out, extra cost is only €25 or so.

Do the pubs stay open late so. I am very tempted.

residents bar stays open til 4am i think and as sully said before late check out is also a big plus.;)

well op, how did you get on last night?

Advertisement