Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Google taking satellite pics of Galway at a funny angle....

Options

Comments

So a thread about a crooked line :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

what would YOU like to talk about then?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If it was taken at a funny angle, surely all the lines would appear crooked.

So yes, it is crooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

As far as I know at that level of magnification you are looking at aerial photography, it could be a flaw in the tile merging process or it could be crooked only one way to confirm is to go there and see for yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

To complete the pedantry of the OP, it's not crooked; it's just not parallel!

Bing maps use aerial photos for their Bird's eye view. Try it out, much better imaging than the Google satellite images.

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote: »
    what would YOU like to talk about then?:rolleyes:

Things that concern the City such is the name of the forum.

Events, major stories etc....

Not trivial stuff like ''where can I find pop tarts''.... or ''I find a crooked line''..... ooohhhh exciting.

Not trivial stuff like ''where can I find pop tarts''.... or ''I find a crooked line''..... ooohhhh exciting.

<Sets off to start thread about availability of Pop Tarts>

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    <Sets off to start thread about availability of Pop Tarts>

It wasn't a random statement, someone made one a few months ago. :P

Do you know if their query was answered? To quote Fr Dougal... "I'd love a pop-tart".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah cheer up FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

How do you post a photo from Google Earth? Check out the streetview shots of the Prom. Once you pass Coco Cafe the weather changes dramatically from beautiful to dismal once you get to Leisureland.

Lapin wrote: »
    Ah cheer up FFS.

Cheer up?.... it's an internet forum, stop spouting real life statements, ones mood isn't visible online.

This isn't Facebook, if someone wants to post a thread about the lines on a hockey pitch let them post it there, not a message board for Galway City.

Post here if you're that concerned about posters general mood state. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

ErnieBert wrote: »
    How do you post a photo from Google Earth? Check out the streetview shots of the Prom. Once you pass Coco Cafe the weather changes dramatically from beautiful to dismal once you get to Leisureland.

But that's what the weather is like on the Prom. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

murraykil wrote: »
    To complete the pedantry of the OP, it's not crooked; it's just not parallel!

Bing maps use aerial photos for their Bird's eye view. Try it out, much better imaging than the Google satellite images.

Bing makes the whole pitch look the wrong shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I think a crooked line is a true concern of the city. Enough with your fascination of pop tarts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

Caliden wrote: »
    I think a crooked line is a true concern of the city. Enough with your fascination of pop tarts!

Very true, if this line has been painted crooked for too long it might have effects on the long term development of the kids!

It's impact might effect Irish chances in Olympic games even well beyond the Brazil Olympics! :eek: A full investigation is needed on the state of all pitches in Galway, in all sports!

How is Terryland looking? It might explain the worst season ever! How about Pearse and Tuam? Football and hurling have been disappointing a lot lately. Have crooked lines at the SportsGround been holding Connaught back?

Crooked lines might have been the reason behind the delays in the Eyre Sqaure project. How about the delays in the road works?; crooked lines are an obvious culprit here!

And the roundabouts! OMG! :eek:

head_explode_RE_paradox_time_lets_destroy_the_world-s431x300-105442.jpg

Advertisement