Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer made but EA says higher offer made.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭up4it

Shadow: when u said the EA got accused of making false bids. What body were they reported to? Not that I think that has happened to me just curious thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

up4it wrote: »
    Shadow: when u said the EA got accused of making false bids. What body were they reported to? Not that I think that has happened to me just curious thats all.

He said it, but I can't remember m8. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Jumpy wrote: »
    Reduce your offer to 94k. Tell them if there is another "offer" it goes down to 92k :)
    You read my mind:D This is the only way to deal with it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd be tempted to call bullsh1t too.

Almost to the extent of reverting to your previous offer and leaving it with them in case something happens the other bidding party.

Unless it's a one-time-only opportunity don't get involved in a bidding war where you can't even be sure who's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

up4it wrote: »
    Update: The EA rang this morning and said that the seller had accepted the 100k offer. I said to give me till the end of today to think about it.

this part to me makes it smell a bit fishy

if the EA tells you they accepted a bid of 100K ... what's for you to think about ???
    if they have accepted a bid then fine - walk away .... I'm guessing the property will still be on the market in a few weeks....and the EA is talking b0llicks !

OP - regardless of the price involved I think you should make it clear to the EA that you have lost interest ... he/she is trying to gazzump the price and increase their commission.

(why not get a friend - or some randomer on boards - to make an enquiry about the place - see if they get told there is already a 100K offer accepted)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

I'd contact the owner directly if you can. Tell them that if the 100k offer falls through then your original 94k offer is still open. My bet is that not only is there no 100k offer, the owner doesn't know what the EA is up to.

Something similar happened to me and when I contacted the owner directly, they hadn't even been INFORMED about my original offer and there were no others on the table. They were hopping mad. [I eventually withdrew the offer due to structural issues, but the whole affair would make me very wary of EAs.]

Latest Update: we had put a new improved offer in of 101.5k with a 48 hour deadline.

But there was a new twiist when the local farmers son put a bid of 102k in. The thing is the property has a 400 yard long access road over that farmers land. So if we did end up buying the house there may be problems ahead!

Such us life! Best to leave it and move on. I'm sure a suitable property will soon present itself!

Zynda: That is a good idea and I have been thinking along similar lines myself. Just tell the EA that our 94k offer still stands if the new bidders fails to complete the purchase for any reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm glad that you've decided to move on. Never let ANY property purchase rule your heart over your head.

I can't fuppin wait when the new property sales database is up and running. Then we'll see how many EA's are full of sh1te or not. IMO, the majority are full of sh1te regardless.

Advertisement