Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

competition for women

Options
  • 01-11-2011 3:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

is competition for women higher or lower in less populated areas (i.e. ireland) ?

i noticed since i came back to ireland that a lot of 'undesirable' looking women seem to be of the notion that they're good looking which got me thinking about this phenomenon.
    if you check dating websites such as tagged or smooch or even pubs and clubs heres, you will notice women who look pretty much like the US version of trailer trash, posing as though they're models. so it got me thinking and this is what ive concluded on. less populated areas have a higher demand for women which means a higher demand for sex. so if you consider this, a high demand for women and sex would create less demand for quality (i.e. fat ugly people with a high opinions of themselves). would i be right on this or are there other factors which i havent taken into account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

paky wrote: »
    is competition for women higher or lower in less populated areas (i.e. ireland) ?

i noticed since i came back to ireland that a lot of 'undesirable' looking women seem to be of the notion that they're good looking which got me thinking about this phenomenon.
    if you check dating websites such as tagged or smooch or even pubs and clubs heres, you will notice women who look pretty much like the US version of trailer trash, posing as though they're models. so it got me thinking and this is what ive concluded on. less populated areas have a higher demand for women which means a higher demand for sex. so if you consider this, a high demand for women and sex would create less demand for quality (i.e. fat ugly people with a high opinions of themselves). would i be right on this or are there other factors which i havent taken into account?

Yes you are not considering the average attractiveness of women who put their pictures on dating sites or who go to pubs and clubs intending to pull.

You are also not considering the confidence of women who put their pictures on dating sites (one would think that they would have more confidence in their looks than average).

You are also not considering your own selection bias.

Your basic thesis makes no sense either. Do you really want to have sex in order primarily to pass on your genes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Less populated areas will only have a higher demand for women if there is a unbalanced gender ratio. If there are equal proportions of men and women then there is no basis for your theory. In any case, attractiveness is a very subjective concept. What you find unattractive might appeal to someone else. Some people place less emphasis on physical traits than you clearly do. You also only mention that the women are 'fat and ugly' - what about the men? Unless there is some odd genetic anomaly at play, it is unlikely that the attractiveness of the men in a particular rural area is much greater than that of the women. As a result, 'demand' for women (and men for that matter) shouldn't really be that different from any other geographic area.

As for people 'having a high opinion of themselves' or believing themselves to be attractive (even when you disagree with their opinion), is that not something to be applauded?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

.....would i be right on this or are there other factors which i havent taken into account?
    Some of us just want the women to do the washing, and boy can the ugly ones scrub.............:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

'Tagged', 'Smooch', pubs and clubs.
    Hardly a valid sample from which to draw a conclusion.

Advertisement