Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you like my webdesign ?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

hi,

please give opinion on design of these website,

thank you .

ssxds.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    ssxds.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

What did you use to design it and how are you coding it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

What did you use to design it and how are you coding it up?

photoshop and prestashop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Sorry, it doesnt really do much for me.

I'd say the strong points are in the bottom of the page. The layout looks nice there. The three columns and the footer work well.

Was it designed in CMYK? Im not feeling the colour scheme. It feels drab and looks like it was built for print rather than the web.

The background is too busy and the logo is taking up too much space. The logo is also visually unbalanced. Its might not be aligned properly or something.

You have different spacing between each section of the page. This is probably my main turn off.

the idea is good... its just I think that you need to utilize the space a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

looks interesting to me

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

i like the design, the simplicity and the clarity of function. the spacing wouldn't be an issue for me.
    the streaks or maybe the shade of streaks aren't something i find pleasing.
    the logo seems i like in terms of form (i prefer the one in the footer), the colours are ok but im finding distracted by the lack of green in it(which i realize if included would ruin the asthetic)..
    probably anal but thats my tuppenceworth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

I'm not happy with the fonts. They are either too many, too scattered or too regular.

Also, there is little contrast on the design, you should add more.

I'd like to see the actual website to see what the interactivity is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

it is not completed, but google abctouch and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Ok I went through the site: sorry to say it but I don't think I will be paying 2000euro for my fingerprint no matter how it is pitched. The site design and usability needs a huge amount of work, and does not reflect anything innovative, it does need a lot more research to be done before it can even attempt to give free portraits initially let alone charging 2000euro for a fingerprint poster print portrait from individuals. It would be cheaper in the long run and indeed in my opionion it would be more artistic to get arrested and have your prints taken by the guards and have them printed off, at least then the prints would have a story behind them.

The price says €222? not €2000

• Advertisement

Ok, I'll take two. Bargain.

Sorry I'm just pointing it out so that anyone who reads this doesn't take your exaggeration of the price seriously. Think its only fair that the true facts are here and not the exaggerated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

The price says €222? not €2000

Hello

I took a look at the website and the pricing is all over the place, a small print is same price as medium and the large is cheaper. boards.jpg

Also it does seem confusing to use, I did not see where I was to upload my fingerprint or palm print

How come you went with a .co.uk and not a .ie wesite

Sorry I'm just pointing it out so that anyone who reads this doesn't take your exaggeration of the price seriously. Think its only fair that the true facts are here and not the exaggerated ones.
    Amazing, truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

prestashop, very interesting.
    have you got the site running yet?
    a working link would be a lot handier than just a pixel :)
    p.s i would make the grey little brighter...

Advertisement