Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation outfit

Options
  • 01-11-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

My daughter is getting her confirmation in march.
    What do girls wear these days to confirmation? No idea where to start looking?
    Anybody shed some light on this as to what she should be wearing and where do I shop for it? Prob want to avoid debenhams etc...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Smart modest clothes.
    Many schools don't want the day turning into a fashion parade and for girls to be turning up in cocktail style dresses, (I've seen this, fake tan, fake nails and all), so something she is comfortable in, be it a dress or a blouse and trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Sharrow wrote: »
    Smart modest clothes.
    Many schools don't want the day turning into a fashion parade and for girls to be turning up in cocktail style dresses, (I've seen this, fake tan, fake nails and all), so something she is comfortable in, be it a dress or a blouse and trousers.
    Yep, I was thinking of a dress, with a cardigan.
    Any ideas where I would find something suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

I don't know how old your daughter is but Benetton Kids or Zara Kids should have something.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category/ie/en/zara-W2011/118201/Dresses#product=582004

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Depends on your budget to be honest but the likes of Penneys and Dunnes do some nice enough clothes for the sake of 1 day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

some of the schools have been suggesting robes for the ceremony rather then trying to police the outfits the children are turning up in.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My niece got a very nice dress in TK Maxx for hers. Plus for years they have worn robes so the kids can wear what they like underneath and it's not such a fashion parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

My daughter made her confirmation last May. I managed to get a lovely dress with shrug in Marks & Spencer for under €40. They were all wearing robes and all the kids looked the same in the church which is lovely. The hire of the robes was only €15!

Smashhits wrote: »
    My daughter made her confirmation last May. I managed to get a lovely dress with shrug in Marks & Spencer for under €40. They were all wearing robes and all the kids looked the same in the church which is lovely. The hire of the robes was only €15!
    Thanks.
    Her school doesn't do the whole robe thing unfortunately. So I was hoping to get something that I know someone else won't be wearing. Thinking I'll try and get something soon, so that the stocks will have changed again by march.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Where I live they wear their uniform.... Boys and girls... Happy out... Conformation this march.....

• Advertisement

Perfect thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Might be worth suggesting the albs to the school, saves a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Where I am the kids wear their uniforms, I know I had too. But I got a nice skirt and top for the meal afterwards with my family.

I would suggest something she wants to where within reason. It is here day after all. If it was my daughter once she looked clean and presentable, I wouldn't care what she wore, once she was happy, I am sure you will find something between you that you are both happy with.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dorothy Perkins is worth having a look in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Try New Look in the Generation section, they have lovely clothes. Also Zara have a young section I think too but I'm not sure what it's like. Arnotts aswell. I would try Debenhams aa the clothes there are really nice! You can get things for a good price especially during a sale. New Look has good sales on a lot. Especially if you're near Enniskillen, things are really cheap there. Try Monsoon and Clerys aswell. Maybe a nice summer dress?
    Just to add that if you buy it too far in advance she may go off it. Make sure she really likes it, I hated mine when it came to the day!

Thinking of something like this:
    http://www.next.co.uk/g793014s1

Advertisement