Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value of ch bull ???

• 01-11-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

i have a pure bred ch bull not registered that im selling to an uncle ....the calf was born in may and is approx 300kg...the uncle bought a bull off me 4/5 yrs ago and wants another one....so he is happy that the bull wont bull much next year and he finishes bulls so its no hassle to keep him....

he said he would give me what ever i want so i don want to rob him....the calf is by Pinocchio and out of a sang d'or cow that has injurian lines aswel so he is well bred.....no meal got either

so whats he worth ??? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

€1500 to a relation, Hard to tell without seeing him really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

€1500 to a relation, Hard to tell without seeing him really.

If I could get €1500 for an unreg, 300Kgs, May calf.............I'd never keep one 'till 310Kgs:D

roosky wrote: »

Access denied on these pics for me anyway! I can't see him.

should work now

should work now

Can see him now in full colour! What way is he bred?

• Advertisement

by pionchio a dovea bull and out of a sang d'or cow nice calf no meal got or special treatment

by pionchio a dovea bull and out of a sang d'or cow nice calf no meal got or special treatment

Senior moment on my behalf there. I see this info in your original post. Sorry.

Bizzum wrote: »
    If I could get €1500 for an unreg, 300Kgs, May calf.............I'd never keep one 'till 310Kgs:D

Access denied on these pics for me anyway! I can't see him.

Only spotted now hes not registered now, my bad.

ya hes not reg but can be like the uncle knows he is 100% ch and like hes not worried about a sheet a paper to tell him again !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

€1000 top of the job. Looks wise he's nothing to write home about IMO, then again I've not your uncle's eyes!:D

• Advertisement

oh ya hes no world beater but like hes not a bad calf for 6 months....like for the milk a pb ch has and every other ch calf u look is swelled with meal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Afraid he looks closer to 200kg than 300kg, but nice quality enough.
    I wouldn't use him for breeding as he looks a bit light and his hind legs are slightly hocked

well must be the photo cos if ya think hes 200 kg all ur cows must be 500 kg max......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭limo_100

well must be the photo cos if ya think hes 200 kg all ur cows must be 500 kg max......
    what do you mean by that

limo_100 wrote: »
    what do you mean by that

i mean if hes only 200 kg there couldn 450/500 kg between him and a good cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I don't see much wrong with him. He's not pushed with meal like you say and he looks very growthy. Second pic is more flattering than the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

pakalasa wrote: »
    I don't see much wrong with him. He's not pushed with meal like you say and he looks very growthy. Second pic is more flattering than the first.

+1. He has good blood lines. He has been reared by a char pure cow which most likely has not a whole pile of milk. He has not had any meals.
    He is well fleeced, and looks like he is fairly growthy. There will be many like him, disguised with "cooked and roasted" creep feed, which will weigh maybe 150kg more, but under all the pampering, will not breed any better.

OP, don't be put off by the fact that other bull calves his age and breed are bigger and heavier at this point. Those comparissons are best made at 2 and a half years of age or more, after a season of chasing cows:D Then you will see who loses condition, your's or the pampered boyo down the road:p

Apart from his tackle, he looks more like a slip of a heifer. Nothing 'bullish' about him. His weight aside, he should at least be showing this by now.

Would anyone here give any advance on €1000?

Muckit wrote: »
    Apart from his tackle, he looks more like a slip of a heifer. Nothing 'bullish' about him. His weight aside, he should at least be showing this by now.

Would anyone here give any advance on €1000?

I seen a right badly made purebred charolais bull in kilfenora last saturday. He was a yearling 450kg 1430 yoyos. No breeding in him and he hadnt a back or a shoulder to him and he wasnt overly growthy. Those pictures arent great and you cant really compare a calf that is swelled with meal and one that isint. Id like to see him in a years time. If you could see a pic of his shoulder and along his back you would prob get a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

I think he looks like a good honest calf. nice coat, good length and a nice level back, bit feminine looking, might breed nice heifers???
    at least his fit and not pumped with meal.
    probably need a picture dirctly behind and infront and/or directly above to get a feeling for his width.
    hard to tell from a picture in fairness, as the ch bull that made 70k last week looked nothing special in the pictures, but looked a cracker from the video footage!!!!!
    best of luck with him

• Advertisement

I think he looks like a good honest calf. nice coat, good length and a nice level back, bit feminine looking, might breed nice heifers???
    at least his fit and not pumped with meal.
    probably need a picture dirctly behind and infront and/or directly above to get a feeling for his width.
    hard to tell from a picture in fairness, as the ch bull that made 70k last week looked nothing special in the pictures, but looked a cracker from the video footage!!!!!
    best of luck with him

sure suuppose if i got 65k id sell !!!

sure suuppose if i got 65k id sell !!!

Ah yeah, particularly if it was cash:D

Looking at him again, he looks very light in the bone. Any chance of a few front and back shots, might show him to be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pdiddy123

muckit ur no daw.....he's too like a heifrer for my liking.....very light also...wudnt let the lad near a cow for a while yet!if i got a bit along with 500 id take the few pound and run like a huer!!yup ya boya!

pdiddy123 wrote: »
    muckit ur no daw.....he's too like a heifrer for my liking.....very light also...wudnt let the lad near a cow for a while yet!if i got a bit along with 500 id take the few pound and run like a huer!!yup ya boya!

Stick to the oul rapping Puff. Strong calves are making near that:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Stick to the oul rapping Puff. Strong calves are making near that:D

true true pdidy ur as well post in a music forum cos u don seem to have much of a clue about cattle ......sure there was lads giving 350 for sucks......ya must be another tight sheep farmer trying to be a cattle man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

i have a pure bred ch bull not registered that im selling to an uncle ....the calf was born in may and is approx 300kg...the uncle bought a bull off me 4/5 yrs ago and wants another one....so he is happy that the bull wont bull much next year and he finishes bulls so its no hassle to keep him....

he said he would give me what ever i want so i don want to rob him....the calf is by Pinocchio and out of a sang d'or cow that has injurian lines aswel so he is well bred.....no meal got either

so whats he worth ??? thanks

To be honest, hes very 'plain' looking but then again its all in the genes as they say :D but I personally would let him near any of my cows especially with him not registered, but hey if thats your cup of tea and your not exact.

oh niether wud i but im only selling ur man that bought him is fairly laxy daisy !!!

speakn o sheep roosky!!wud ya buy a locka GOOD ewe lambs......not aawful dear....cheap at 130??

• Advertisement

oh god ya ill buy them cos the way u price stock they are probably purebred and in lamb !!!

ah the bitta quality makes them dear.......sight tooo....

Advertisement