Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight of 4th Year (Law) in Degree GPA

Options
  • 01-11-2011 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Does anyone know the weight of 4th year within the BCL Degree GPA ?

(Not counting 3rd year which is a year abroad).

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If you do a 4 year BCL (class of 2013 onwards - current third years) the breakdown is 50-50 for third and fourth. Unless you do a year abroad in which case its 100% fourth year and obviously breaks down evenly between your 12 modules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Thank you for your response.

I'm currently doing my 3rd year abroad so I guess 4th year will count as 100%.

Sorry if my question sounds a bit silly, but what happens to 1st and 2nd stage grades ?
    I wasn't originally enrolled in the regular BCL path, so my grades of 1st and 2nd year were generating my Degree GPA. Thus, I'm a bit confused.

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

MacieC wrote: »
    Thank you for your response.

I'm currently doing my 3rd year abroad so I guess 4th year will count as 100%.

Sorry if my question sounds a bit silly, but what happens to 1st and 2nd stage grades ?
    I wasn't originally enrolled in the regular BCL path, so my grades of 1st and 2nd year were generating my Degree GPA. Thus, I'm a bit confused.

Thanks anyway.

They don't contribute to your degree GPA, just to your degree. 4th year will be 100% for you.

Advertisement