Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Kitten Found, Bridge St area.

• 01-11-2011 5:34pm

I went to the gym this morning and heard an awful racket coming from the underside of my car, It was obviously a small kitten trapped somewhere in the innards of the car. I jacked it up and could find nothing. I took the car to Advance Pitstop to get it fully lifted.

After about 20 mins of searching for the little thing we saw it was stuck between the heat shield and the body of the car, we took the heat shield off and got it out, it was a bit dirty and fairly traumatized but seemed healthy enough.

I took it up to city vets to get it checked out and the vet said he was grand and just needed something to eat and a comfy bed.

Anyway if you know of someone who is missing a ginger kitten, about 5 weeks old from the Bridge St area give me a PM.

I have no bother keeping him as he is a lovely little thing but if he is someones pet then I would be happy to drop him back.

Cheers.

Ed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

More than likely this is a feral kitten & if you intend to keep it I would suggest that you get it examined by a vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Out of curiousity did Advance Pitstop charge you for getting out the kitten?

I took it to the vet and the vet said it was ok, he also gave him a worm treatment.

No in fairness to them AP didn't charge me anything, they were really sound.

Edz87 wrote: »
    I took it to the vet and the vet said it was ok, he also gave him a worm treatment.

No in fairness to them AP didn't charge me anything, they were really sound.
    Did the vet charge you anything?
    Sorry about asking but just wondering would these people charge someone for doing the decent thing

No bother dude, Yeah the vet charged me 20 euro which was kinda strange seeing as I heard if you bring in an animal off the street they wont charge you.. I'm not complaining though, I will probably hang on to him if he isnt claimed and I would have gotten him wormed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jesus fair play to to yourself and the lads in advance. The little ginger chap must love ya now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

It might be worth getting wlr to announce it, the owner may be listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

That was a very good deed ya did there edz. Hopefully it will be repaid to ya many times over. I'd say that little fella won't be hanging around under ANY cars in future!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

If I were you OP I would keep the little fellah. Cats make great pets and are great for being around the house and killing the mice.

There's a picture of a missing 5 month old ginger kitten in this week's Waterford Today but it's got a white neck (underside) and white or whitish front paws. The kitten is missing from Viewmount but it could have travelled in a vehicle into town like my cat that ended up in Tramore last summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

bucketwater.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Nobody falls in love with a dickface Shadow.

bucketwater.jpg
    Do us all a favour and put your head in that

deisemum wrote: »
    There's a picture of a missing 5 month old ginger kitten in this week's Waterford Today but it's got a white neck (underside) and white or whitish front paws. The kitten is missing from Viewmount but it could have travelled in a vehicle into town like my cat that ended up in Tramore last summer.

He is totally ginger deisemum, he is also really wooly. He is well settled in anyway and has been keeping me busy running around after him!

Ive also said it to my neighbours who have cats but no one is missing one.

Cheers

Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Edz, sounds like the little fella has chosen you for his pet so enjoy the little thing. Guaranteed it will bring you alot of laughs for years to come. Good job on all you did for that little helpless thing....coulda been somebody like Shadow, the mid less bucket boy above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Just check Irishanimals.ie ... They have a lost and found section :)

Throw up a pic of him.
    Sounds like your happy with him anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Fair play to you OP, sounds you like you and him were meant for eachother. Chances are at five weeks old he doesn't belong to anybody, he is a feral thatlost his mammy and decided that your car was a nice and warm place to cuddle up. Best laid plans and all that.

I found one of my cats when she was for weeks old, feral, I brought her home and the proceeded to bring her to school everyday for three weeks so I could look after her (the teachers were cool about it). She is now just over a year old and is the happiest, most loveable cat I have ever met, she's also full of mischief but sure she's cute so she gets away with it.

Finally fair play to the garage, sound of them to do it. And I wouldn't be headed back to that vet anytime soon, any good vet will see a stray or lost animal and treat it for free if needs be, €20 more than covered his costs for worming a 5 week old kitten. Bad form I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Finally fair play to the garage, sound of them to do it. And I wouldn't be headed back to that vet anytime soon, any good vet will see a stray or lost animal and treat it for free if needs be, €20 more than covered his costs for worming a 5 week old kitten. Bad form I say.

I am inclinded to disagree with the last statement!
    I brought a number of feral kittens to the vets to be
    re-homed over the years & these were checked over.
    I was never asked for a penny towards the cost of
    the care towards them. I also brought a seagull with
    a damaged wing to the same vet & they asked me for
    a contribution towards a bird society which I duly gave.
    Why do we feel that these people should not look for
    something towards the cost of maintaining an animal?

I am inclinded to disagree with the last statement!
    I brought a number of feral kittens to the vets to be
    re-homed over the years & these were checked over.
    I was never asked for a penny towards the cost of
    the care towards them. I also brought a seagull with
    a damaged wing to the same vet & they asked me for
    a contribution towards a bird society which I duly gave.
    Why do we feel that these people should not look for
    something towards the cost of maintaining an animal?

Because if people think they will be charged if they bring an injured or sick stray to a vet then they will be less inclined to do it. I understand that a veterinary practice is a business but that doesn't mean that they have to grab left, right and centre. If OP had owned the kitten then it would have been an entirely different story but if the kitten had been picked up by someone who couldn't or wouldn't pay the fee then what would have happened?

• Advertisement

What's to stop people bringing in their pet saying they found it on the road and don't want to pay for it.
    If the vet leaves you off with it then fair enough but if they ask for money then its only fair to pay.

It is a business as last poster said, why shouldn't they charge left right and centre.
    I'm gonna go get the paper in the morning and tell them I'm not paying as the papers for my father and not me.

seanybiker wrote: »
    What's to stop people bringing in their pet saying they found it on the road and don't want to pay for it.
    If the vet leaves you off with it then fair enough but if they ask for money then its only fair to pay.

It is a business as last poster said, why shouldn't they charge left right and centre.
    I'm gonna go get the paper in the morning and tell them I'm not paying as the papers for my father and not me.

Ridiculous analogy really. And most of the time a vet can tell if it's a stray or not. I know I can. I am not talking about major surgery here, just a little check over and a worm dose, hardly going to break the bank. When I found my kitten the vet I took it to did charge me as it was more than just the run of the mill check up, she had a severely infected eye, so they charged me and I was okay with it.

Fair play to you OP, sounds you like you and him were meant for eachother. Chances are at five weeks old he doesn't belong to anybody, he is a feral thatlost his mammy and decided that your car was a nice and warm place to cuddle up. Best laid plans and all that.

I found one of my cats when she was for weeks old, feral, I brought her home and the proceeded to bring her to school everyday for three weeks so I could look after her (the teachers were cool about it). She is now just over a year old and is the happiest, most loveable cat I have ever met, she's also full of mischief but sure she's cute so she gets away with it.

That was decent of the garage to do that and not charge.

I found a stray kitten that was dumped in the Williamstown golf course car park during the summer and the poor little thing was meowing like mad and I was afraid it would go out onto the dual carriageway and be killed. I watched it for a short while then went to it expecting to get attacked but the cutie curled in under my neck and was purring like mad.

The staff said it had been dumped and to take her if I wanted which is what I was hoping for as she's an adorable little thing. She had a nasty cut on her leg and was starving. The vet reckoned she was about 3 months old so she was dosed for worms, fleas, antibiotics for the cut and other medication for cat flu. She's had her vaccinations since and will be spayed soon so has cost me a fair bit but she's worth every cent.

I'm convinced it was fate that I found her as 3 days prior to that I had to have one of my other cats put to sleep and this one is the image of her only smaller.

Ridiculous analogy really. And most of the time a vet can tell if it's a stray or not. I know I can. I am not talking about major surgery here, just a little check over and a worm dose, hardly going to break the bank. When I found my kitten the vet I took it to did charge me as it was more than just the run of the mill check up, she had a severely infected eye, so they charged me and I was okay with it.
    most of the time? So you admit that sometimes the vets can't tell? Ridiculous me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

bucketwater.jpg

was only a joke folks, I actually love cats. we have 3 in the parents house that I see every few weeks

was only a joke folks, I actually love cats. we have 3 in the parents house that I see every few weeks
    That only means your parents are sound. You on the other hand.

Actually seem sound so its all good haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You should have just said you were suggesting that the OP gives the kitten a nice bubble bath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You should have just said you were suggesting that the OP gives the kitten a nice bubble bath.

Or a nice cold drink of water?

Advertisement