Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Agent for US Goods?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 5:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

Hi All,

we are an established retailer with most of our goods coming from Ireland and Europe. We are now looking to bring in some stock from the US and have placed an order with a supplier. The supplier has a shipping agent but is charging us 25% of the order value up front for shipping (any excess is refunded later) but has also said we can use our own agent and deal direct with them if we wish.

Just wondering if anyone has advice on good shipping agents re: reliability and costs. I am guessing the mainstream likes of UPS and DHL do this, but thought i'd see if anyone has any other recommendations. Our order is rather large so I'd prefer not to have to use 25% of our cash flow as a deposit on their shipping agent!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hello Wexpin,

At the risk of self promotion, would suggest to do a search on the threads I have posted on boards.ie.

If you want, I can have a look at what you expect to be shipping and see what the options are. In order to do a costing would need to know the following ;

1) point of origin (preferable with zip code)
    2) number of pieces, weight and dimensions
    3) commodity
    4) value
    5) place of delivery in Ireland

Feel free to PM me or post the details

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement