Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing to weaker teams...

• 01-11-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Ok, so I just bought FM 12 and I am playing as Southampton. Here's my problem. Most players find themselves dreading playing the top 5 times in the league, but I'm the opposite. Beating big teams has been a walk in the park! While beating the bottom half of the league is such a struggle, and I use my best team! I've beaten Everton 2-0, Chelsea 1-0 and West Ham (Top of the table) 4-0 and I'm losing to Derby, Reading, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Middlesborough. These are all teams that are struggling week in week out. What am I doing wrong? I usually use a 4-1-1-2-2 or a 4-4-2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

You could try talk down their chances a bit in the pre match press conference or tell the team that you expect to win the match, come down a little harder on them if they are under par at half time.

I use an attacking 4-5-1 formation with one DM, two wingers and a striker , I sometimes move to overload for 15 minutes at a time to force a change in tempo and knock one or two in ,then I slow down play, retain possesion with a more defensive approach. Set these up in your tactical preparation and have the team familiar with them..

Advertisement