Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArcGIS/Acrobat file size

Options
  • 01-11-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi. I'm trying to reduce the size of a 12 page pdf exported (individually then joined) from ArcGIS from it's current 9.8MB to something much more manageable. The images are colour maps that should form part of a larger document that I need to email for uploading to somebody's web site.

I have tried (in Acrobat) flattening the layers (which increased the file size!) and optimizing the file (which also increased the file size!).

I also tried (in ArcGIS) exporting each map as a JPEG but this results in each being just less than 2MB each. Compression then renders the maps unreadable.

I'm not sure if there's anything I'm missing or whether there's just no way of getting the maps down in size for web viewing (whilst remaining legible).

Anyone able to help?

Cheers...

Advertisement