Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g Meteor problems

Options
  • 01-11-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey folks.

This is my first post so please go easy on m :D

I have noticed that my 3g on meteor is very inconsistent lately.The 3G symbol with the up and down arrows is there most of the time but the internet just does not work.Right now though my Data traffic is enabled yet the symbol isnt even showing.

I'm trying to figure out if it's my phone (Android sony erricsson X8) or is it meteor's fault.Does anyone know perhaps of a method that will solve the problem or do I just have to sit back in a huff?

I've looked at some of the other threads about this subject but they were dated and were of no real use.

Any help would be appreciated as the 3G is costing me money yet I'm not able to use it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 3G with arrows will show while your sending/receiving data on the 3G network. When you not it should be just the 3G without arrows. Then meteor have EDGE network which will display E when sending data, but will disappear when not showing antenna only.

If you payg, how is it costing you if your not using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

Davy wrote: »
    The 3G with arrows will show while your sending/receiving data on the 3G network. When you not it should be just the 3G without arrows. Then meteor have EDGE network which will display E when sending data, but will disappear when not showing antenna only.

If you payg, how is it costing you if your not using it?

Hey Davy.Thanks for your reply

I must not have edge network as it is a H that displays when I'm sending data.I'm saying it cost me money because I've virtually paid for the 3G service and I'm not getting to use it.

I took my battery out and replaced it and it's back working but very slow.Still cant decipher whether or not it is the phone or network at fault.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hey Davy.Thanks for your reply

I must not have edge network as it is a H that displays when I'm sending data.I'm saying it cost me money because I've virtually paid for the 3G service and I'm not getting to use it.

I took my battery out and replaced it and it's back working but very slow.Still cant decipher whether or not it is the phone or network at fault.

Thanks again

The H is actually slightly higher than 3G so im not sure why you are having problems. Has it always been like this? It doesn't sounds like the network to me on what you have said, and might be just something simple with the phone. The fact you are getting to see the 'H' is a good sign

Advertisement