Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Dialler to Old HKC Securewatch

Options
  • 01-11-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi , I have an old eircom phone watch hkc 8 channel alarm that already has the old lanline dialler board, circa 2003

I dont have eircom monitoring service.

Can i get the existing dialler to ring my phone when the alarm trips?

Is it better to install a newer Text dialler that I've heard about that allows me to deactivate the alarm remotely and how much are these?

Any help is appreciated!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

excal2 wrote: »
    Hi , I have an old eircom phone watch hkc 8 channel alarm that already has the old lanline dialler board, circa 2003

I dont have eircom monitoring service.

Can i get the existing dialler to ring my phone when the alarm trips?

Is it better to install a newer Text dialler that I've heard about that allows me to deactivate the alarm remotely and how much are these?

Any help is appreciated!!!

If you mean you have an HKC 8/12 then the dialer that is used with this is a plug on dialer. It can be programmed to text up to 19 phones, once your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.

If it is the 6/10 with the stanalone dialer fitted to the back you could install one of these. It can be triggered off the outputs on the alarm for the different events. This is also through your phone line.

The GSM will only work if it is a 8/12 not the 6/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 excal2

altor wrote: »
    If you mean you have an HKC 8/12 then the dialer that is used with this is a plug on dialer. It can be programmed to text up to 19 phones, once your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.

If it is the 6/10 with the stanalone dialer fitted to the back you could install one of these. It can be triggered off the outputs on the alarm for the different events. This is also through your phone line.

The GSM will only work if it is a 8/12 not the 6/10.

Thanks for the quick answer , yes I have the HKC 8/12. Now it already has the landline standard eircom dialler that came with it. Not sure if this would text a mobile , I thought it might just dial a number and give a dtmf tone, but im completely new to this so im just guessing.

What i'd like is to get the existing dialler to call/text my mobile , i have vodafone as my provider for landline.

if I cant get the existing dialler to call/text the mobile , then Im happy to buy a new one but id like to be able to reset alarm using texting from mobile.

Thanks for the help so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

excal2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick answer , yes I have the HKC 8/12. Now it already has the landline standard eircom dialler that came with it. Not sure if this would text a mobile , I thought it might just dial a number and give a dtmf tone, but im completely new to this so im just guessing.

What i'd like is to get the existing dialler to call/text my mobile , i have vodafone as my provider for landline.

if I cant get the existing dialler to call/text the mobile , then Im happy to buy a new one but id like to be able to reset alarm using texting from mobile.

Thanks for the help so far!

If that is the case you should have the plug on dialer installed. With the plug on dialer it will text up to 19 phones. If you have any paper work off the alarm send me a P.M, more than happy to talk you through setting this up.

Advertisement