Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback - Here and Now

Options
  • 01-11-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

New album released this month (November 21st).

Anyone else looking forward to it/ hoping they will play an Irish gig in 2012?

I didn't get to see them in 08 at RDS Simonscourt so I'm really hoping if this album does well they will come back to play in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Awful band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I noticed that the singers hair gets progressively shorter each time they release an album and for whatever reason I find it unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

viadah wrote: »

Well I'd say the fact that they've sold 40+ million copies of their albums probably negates any point that the "article" was trying to make. Oh and I'd rank Bieber 10 times worse as a turn-off compared to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Well I'd say the fact that they've sold 40+ million copies of their albums probably negates any point that the "article" was trying to make. Oh and I'd rank Bieber 10 times worse as a turn-off compared to them.

That article is a load of s*** like a lot more written material you will find on the internet nowadays.

Nickelback aren't even the best selling band that garbage article names. Look at the bigger bands its trying to pawn;

Coldplay - sold 50 million records worldwide
    Oasis - sold 70 million records
    U2 - about 170 million records sold

Bieber would indeed be a bigger turn off than any of these three and Nickelback. Also on that list should be JLS, The Wanted, Jonas Brothers, McFly and Will Young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just because Justin Bieber is worse than Nickelback doesn't, as a statement, imply or prove that Nickelback themselves are any good. Fair enough though, if you like safe, middle of the road, radio-friendly American rock then they are right up your street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I'm looking forward to the Album, Ive been a fan since silver side up. Granted theyre not the most intelligent song writers or the most talented musicians but I love what they do. I hope they do a gig too cause I've never seen them live either!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 USERNAM3

Pause for the ' WORST BAND EVER ' cult .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Why are ye haters even commenting on this thread if ye dont like the band??

Anyhow, I've loved Nickelback for years and have yet to see them live aswell. I do hope they do a gig in this country, wouldnt mind going to the uk to see them either. Cant wait for their upcoming album!! :)

USERNAM3 wrote: »
    Pause for the ' WORST BAND EVER ' cult .....

If you want to bash Nickelback do it to your friends who like them.

As KittyKat said if you don't like Nickelback you should have ignored this thread in the first place as it is clearly only looking for opinions from fans:pac:.

• Advertisement

KittyKat wrote: »
    Why are ye haters even commenting on this thread if ye dont like the band??
    To increase post count and, in my case to illustrate that correlation does not imply causation :).
    karaokeman wrote: »
    if you don't like Nickelback you should have ignored this thread in the first place as it is clearly only looking for opinions from fans.
    The thread title and first post mention the new album. Where, apart from your post, does the thread say anything about "only looking for opinions from fans"?

Malice wrote: »
    The thread title and first post mention the new album. Where, apart from your post, does the thread say anything about "only looking for opinions from fans"?

Fair enough it doesn't but anti-Nickelback comments always result in arguments.

Its just how I see it anyway because anytime I've seen a Justin Bieber thread (or anyone else I don't particularly like) I tend not to comment because I know that would stir some upset with the people who are fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

Its just how I see it anyway because anytime I've seen a Justin Bieber thread (or anyone else I don't particularly like) I tend not to comment because I know that would stir some upset with the people who are fans.
    i think most bands have fan pages for that, this is a forum for expressing opinions, good or bad

Well they shouldn't. If someone just posts "Rubbish band" or something then ignore them. They're obviously not looking to discuss anything. This is a public forum so it's going to attract a wide range of opinions.
    karaokeman wrote:
    anytime I've seen a Justin Bieber thread (or anyone else I don't particularly like) I tend not to comment because I know that would stir some upset with the people who are fans.
    That's all well and good (and in fairness is to your credit) but your self-imposed rule can't, by its nature be applied to everyone and there's no point in someone getting annoyed if other people don't join in with a love-in for the thread subject.

And just to drag my post slightly on-topic, a few of my friends were at a Nickelback gig a couple of years ago, it may even have been that one in the RDS, and they had to admit that the band were excellent live.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Never a fan of the band but I was never so thankful for them as I was one year in Slane when they were on the bill.

The whole day was an absolute snorefest. At least when they appeared there was some flames on stage, some swearing and loud guitars.:D Perked the crowd up no end, the sort of act needed at an outdoor event.

But as I stated, never a fan of them.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

i was there that year, they played 3 different versions of 'how you remind me', took up about 20 mins of their slot, bored me no end

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

:rolleyes: Oh, you guys!!! You're so cruel! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I love Nickelback. Their songs are all about s** and alcohol, whats not to love!?

Is the album coming out here that date?? I really hope so, cos thats my birthday :D Be kinda cool...
    As for a concert here, I'm not holding my breath :( But once again, I really hope so!! Where do they usually post the dates?

EDIT: From Wikipedia: "Nickelback will be touring in support of the album in 2012, however they haven’t released any announcement yet"

TheJinMu wrote: »
    Their songs are all about s** and alcohol, whats not to love!?

The fact that no matter what the songs are about they're still ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

adox wrote: »
    Never a fan of the band but I was never so thankful for them as I was one year in Slane when they were on the bill.

The whole day was an absolute snorefest. At least when they appeared there was some flames on stage, some swearing and loud guitars.:D Perked the crowd up no end, the sort of act needed at an outdoor event.

But as I stated, never a fan of them.......

"Hey.. Hey man, what you got down there? You got some magic mushrooms? Hell yeah man, throw that **** up here, share that **** around"
    I was embarrassed to be within a mile of that cringeworthy mother****er

The fact that no matter what the songs are about they're still ****.

So why do you listen to them? :P

• Advertisement

I don't. But sometimes you can't help your ears being raped by a radio playing in a public place.

Ha ha ha, touche! :D
    Meh, I still like them. I'd bet there's bands you love that I'd hate too :)

Try Fit for an Autopsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Just because Justin Bieber is worse than Nickelback doesn't, as a statement, imply or prove that Nickelback themselves are any good. Fair enough though, if you like safe, middle of the road, radio-friendly American rock then they are right up your street.

never thought id find myself defending justin bieber but i have to say , hes a lot less naff than nickleback , still i imagine the canadian rockers will be huge in poland in around twenty five years

irishh_bob wrote: »
    never thought id find myself defending justin bieber but i have to say , hes a lot less naff than nickleback
    One for here methinks.
    irishh_bob wrote:
    still i imagine the canadian rockers will be huge in poland in around twenty five years
    You're an expert on the future musical tastes of a country of nearly 40 millions inhabitants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

One for here methinks.

You're an expert on the future musical tastes of a country of nearly 40 millions inhabitants?

guess my drol sense of humour isnt too everyones taste , nickleback come across like one of those soft metal sounding bands from the eighties that were still popular in germany and eastern europe decades after they were out of fashion in the uk , usa etc

Try Fit for an Autopsy.

Well, just youtubed them... Definitely NOT my cup of tea.
    Case and point :D

irishh_bob wrote: »
    guess my drol sense of humour isnt too everyones taste , nickleback come across like one of those soft metal sounding bands from the eighties that were still popular in germany and eastern europe decades after they were out of fashion in the uk , usa etc
    Oh we can make fun of the Germans alright, no one likes them :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think being raped is better than being castrated. But only just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

so who got the new album? Any good.

Advertisement