Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback - Here and Now

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I got it last night, only got to hear one song on the way in to work this morning, the one they released, When We Stand Together..... Pretty good song. will listen to the rest tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yea got it today aswell. I like Lullaby too, think that could be big yet and a couple other songs on the album. Overall its not bad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

With fantastic Canadian bands like Arcade Fire and Bombay Bicycle Club in existence I honestly don't understand why people listen to mindless drivel like Nickleback:(

With fantastic Canadian bands like Arcade Fire and Bombay Bicycle Club in existence I honestly don't understand why people listen to mindless drivel like Nickleback:(

With plenty of threads devoted to such Canadian bands, I honestly dont understand why people would come in to a thread about a different band just to post pointless drivel...

With plenty of threads devoted to such Canadian bands, I honestly dont understand why people would come in to a thread about a different band just to post pointless drivel...

If your happy to celebrate the mediocre over the transcendental then good luck to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

With fantastic Classical composers like Wagner, Chopin, and Bach, I honestly don't understand why people listen to mindless drivel like Arcade Fire and Bombay Bicycle Club frown.gif

Ahh, music snobbery.
    If you are lucky you'll grow out of it.

If your happy to celebrate the mediocre over the transcendental then good luck to you sir.

I'm happy to listen to music that I enjoy listening to, regardless of other peoples opinions. However I'm not happy to see pointless trolling comments in a thread about something I like. If you don't like a band or a type of music then fine, its your opinion, but why not go into a thread about a band you like and talk about them, rather than waste your time putting up pointless comments and annoying people.

mikom wrote: »
    With fantastic Classical composers like Wagner, Chopin, and Bach, I honestly don't understand why people listen to mindless drivel like Arcade Fire and Bombay Bicycle Club frown.gif

Ahh, music snobbery.

One never grows out of good taste, thankfully. Anyway, peace, we outta here.

Had a proper listen lastnight, really like it.... as always with nickelback, the songs aren't deep and meaningful but they're good fookin tunes!! Plenty of new additions for the gym playlist!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

http://www.aux.tv/2011/11/nickelblock/

What a ****ing good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 the-waterboy

Silver side up was one of the first albums i ever bought and for 10 years after that Nickelback where without question my favourite band. Silver Side Up was true rock to me, not hard enough to be metal or soft enough to be well soft, well sung, well written and good solid music. then came out The Long Road, much like Silver Side Up but more produced but still for the most part a really good rock album. then All the Right Reasons followed even more produced but with some great songs but also many more of the soft rock radio tunes that Nickelback had become known for, which are for the most part just not very well written and pretty standard sounding musically. then Dark Horse continued this trend of becoming more over produced, less real, more radio friendly and cheesy. Now iv only listened to Here and Now twice but after all my year of devotion i can tell its the same again. Unfourtuly now Nickelback are no long my favourite band. Silver Side Up, The Long Road and All the Right Reasons are still some of my favourite albums (along with there first two albums which are pure grunge and sound an awful like pearl jam) but it seems my long years of defending them and tell people 'just listen to the albums' are over.
    On a side note i say them live in Dublin in 2008 and they were great, they do know how to put on a show
    P.S. the real nickelback to me is right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkOPv5IesTU

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Go listen to A Perfect Circle.

Silver side up was one of the first albums i ever bought and for 10 years after that Nickelback where without question my favourite band. Silver Side Up was true rock to me, not hard enough to be metal or soft enough to be well soft, well sung, well written and good solid music. then came out The Long Road, much like Silver Side Up but more produced but still for the most part a really good rock album. then All the Right Reasons followed even more produced but with some great songs but also many more of the soft rock radio tunes that Nickelback had become known for, which are for the most part just not very well written and pretty standard sounding musically. then Dark Horse continued this trend of becoming more over produced, less real, more radio friendly and cheesy. Now iv only listened to Here and Now twice but after all my year of devotion i can tell its the same again. Unfourtuly now Nickelback are no long my favourite band. Silver Side Up, The Long Road and All the Right Reasons are still some of my favourite albums (along with there first two albums which are pure grunge and sound an awful like pearl jam) but it seems my long years of defending them and tell people 'just listen to the albums' are over.
    On a side note i say them live in Dublin in 2008 and they were great, they do know how to put on a show

Although I do think their last few albums have been really good, I do agree that they've gone down the whole emphasis on production and radio friendly road, but even though they aren't deep and meaningful songs, I still love listening to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mikom wrote: »

Ahh, music snobbery.

Anyway, Bombay Bicycle Club are from London, England, not London, Ontario.:confused:

Birneybau wrote: »
    Anyway, Bombay Bicycle Club are from London, England, not London, Ontario.:confused:

I stand corrected sir, I of course meant Broken Social Scene, I like both and got name in post mixed up, so if you would allow me to replace BBC with BSS my original statement still applies.

Advertisement