Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 9 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Well if it's any consolation I'm 16th on the list now. I haven't got a chance of really picking up anyone else decent on the wire so I kinda had to go for a few in the one go. I'll be hoping that he puts his differences aside or I'll be having serious words with him :p.

Oh yea, I'm almost certain that I moved places overnight in my division. I was in 2nd place last night and now, for some reason, I'm in 1st place. I can't think of a reason why except for the waivers last night, but that'd hardly make any difference to the situation, would it?

I'm fairly sure you were in first last night.

In other news, the Bengals defense has been released onto the wire. This is almost as outrageous as the release of Mike Williams and Green-Ellis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Well if it's any consolation I'm 16th on the list now. I haven't got a chance of really picking up anyone else decent on the wire so I kinda had to go for a few in the one go. I'll be hoping that he puts his differences aside or I'll be having serious words with him :p.

Oh yea, I'm almost certain that I moved places overnight in my division. I was in 2nd place last night and now, for some reason, I'm in 1st place. I can't think of a reason why except for the waivers last night, but that'd hardly make any difference to the situation, would it?

The Bills were credited with an additional (10th:eek:) sack yesterday so maybe that affected a result in your league?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    The Bills were credited with an additional (10th:eek:) sack yesterday so maybe that affected a result in your league?

Nah, the guy with the Buffalo Bills defense isn't in his division and wasn't playing someone in it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure you were in first last night.

In other news, the Bengals defense has been released onto the wire. This is almost as outrageous as the release of Mike Williams and Green-Ellis.

Maybe I was. I won't complain.

Yea I saw that. Pretty mad considering they just got 24 points last week but he does have the Jets defence so it's not all that crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Why are people going for kickers on the waiver wire? It seems a pointless way to give up your waiver position for a guy you would most likely get in free agency and not cost you your position in the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well it looks like i'm done for this season with news that ahmed bradshaw has a broken foot, although there is a report that says he could play sunday but if he does, he wont be 100% and his numbers probably wont be great and if doesnt play my team has basically 0 running backs and absolutely no chance of making any points now, well significant points anyway :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

well it looks like i'm done for this season with news that ahmed bradshaw has a broken foot, although there is a report that says he could play sunday but if he does, he wont be 100% and his numbers probably wont be great and if doesnt play my team has basically 0 running backs and absolutely no chance of making any points now, well significant points anyway :(.

I have him also but Im going to lose this weekend thats for sure if he cant perform. I have Jones Drew also and he is on Bye. On the plus side im glad I made a trade with Lloyd for Mendenhall phew but either way looks like I will be running 1 back and 1 crock on Sunday.

Who should start out of Walter, Moore and Nelson? I really can't pick.

Lance Moore is in a potent passing attack but has to compete with Colston, Sproles and Graham. Kevin Walter is against a top class pass defense this weekend, but he could well be the number 1 wide receiver. David Nelson again is up against a great pass defense but should see plenty of targets, though not inside the redzone if they decide they want to throw it to Chandler.

After my dip into the waiver wire I've a decision to make at WR.

I'm going to stick in Rowdy Roddy. He says he's 100% after getting the week long rest and they're up against the Colts so that's good enough a reason for me to put him in there.

Jason Avant is a possibility for the other slot. He's out-performed DeSean Jackson in the last 3 games and could benefit if the Bears focus more on Jackson and Maclin.

It's a straight shoot-out between Miami and Kansas, Brandon Marshall and Jon Baldwin. I know Baldwin is young and only playing his first few games but I think he might do well against Miami. With Marshall it seems a question of how many TDs can he throw away these days.

Avant, Marshall or Baldwin?

I'd be inclined to go with Marshall, Baldwin is good but he still has to compete with Breaston and Bowe, while Avant would be my second choice because Maclin/Jackson won't get many chances, though he also must compete with McCoy and Celek.

• Advertisement

Andre Johnson is out, so does that make Kevin Walter the number 1? I really don't pay any attention to the Texans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

brought taiwan jones and dj ware in at RB this week due to a severe lack of options there now that bradshaw is injured, considering they're clearly the 2nd choice, have these guys much chance of doing anything tomorrow night.

brought taiwan jones and dj ware in at RB this week due to a severe lack of options there now that bradshaw is injured, considering they're clearly the 2nd choice, have these guys much chance of doing anything tomorrow night.

Jones wont see many carries and Jacobs and Ware will share carries most likely. It will all depend on how well Jacobs performs also. Against that Pats D-line they could struggle. Pats run defense is fairly decent they are 9th best run stoppers in the league at the moment.

Jones wont see many carries and Jacobs and Ware will share carries most likely. It will all depend on how well Jacobs performs also. Against that Pats D-line they could struggle. Pats run defense is fairly decent they are 9th best run stoppers in the league at the moment.

Yeah, and all signs point to the Giants passing it tomorrow, with Eli having an excellent season and the Patriots pass D being awful.

Yeah, and all signs point to the Giants passing it tomorrow, with Eli having an excellent season and the Patriots pass D being awful.

As sh1t as the Pats secondary is I can see Eli throwing picks and making our secondary look good. Eli unlike his bro forces far too many throws. Tis why he will never be elite. But as I said in a previous thread our Pass rush is improving 5 sacks on Big Rapist last week shows that. Main problem is doing it on 3rd down and our pass coverage actually covering someone on 3rd down. The main problem is our god awful secondary its cringe worthy.

I'd be inclined to go with Marshall, Baldwin is good but he still has to compete with Breaston and Bowe, while Avant would be my second choice because Maclin/Jackson won't get many chances, though he also must compete with McCoy and Celek.

Completely changed my mind and I've gone for Roddy and Baldwin. White hasn't been great this season but he's up against the Colts who are shambolic at times.

The same for Baldwin. He's against Miami. They're giving away an average of 270 passing yards a game and 14 TDs in total. It's a gamble but I'm hoping that he gets picked out a few times. Marshall has dropped too many catches this year for me to trust him.

Thought today was Sunday. Kept hitting refresh wondering why there were no scores being updated. Heads not quite right today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Nate Washington or Antonio Brown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Willis McGahee or Roy Helu?

Hazys wrote: »
    Willis McGahee or Roy Helu?
    I need you to lose today and shouldn't give advice but...

You have 2 decent running backs in 2 downright pathetic offenses. However Helu is the number 2 running back and is facing a mighty run defense, whereas McGahee should find it easier against Oakland. Don't let the NFL.com sim fool you, go with McGahee. By the way, ESPN, who do a far better sim, have them both getting 1 point, but McGahee is ranked 15 spots higher.

• Advertisement

I've reinstated Marshall as my WR with White as the other one.

At the moment ESPN has me projected for 105 points and NFL.com has me for 108.84. I'd bit their hands off for either of them scores. All depends on how my WRs do though. Need a big game from both to get back on track for the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I need you to lose today and shouldn't give advice but...

You have 2 decent running backs in 2 downright pathetic offenses. However Helu is the number 2 running back and is facing a mighty run defense, whereas McGahee should find it easier against Oakland. Don't let the NFL.com sim fool you, go with McGahee. By the way, ESPN, who do a far better sim, have them both getting 1 point, but McGahee is ranked 15 spots higher.

Cheers i'm more worried about McGahee's health and whether he'll get a decent amount of carries tho, its a bit of a gamble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've kept faith with Greg Little for a while now

Number one receiver in Cleveland, the Browns are pass happy and Little got eleven targets the other week

But he ain't getting it done

Little or Jason Avant?
    Getting roughly similar scores the last few weeks

mikemac wrote: »
    I've kept faith with Greg Little for a while now

Number one receiver in Cleveland, the Browns are pass happy and Little got eleven targets the other week

But he ain't getting it done

Little or Jason Avant?
    Getting roughly similar scores the last few weeks

I feel your pain. I gave up on Little a week ago. The Browns offense is horrible, McCoy isn't all that bad but the RBs are terrible, the TEs are average and the receivers are awful. Go for Avant. Cleveland has to start scoring if I'm to pick up Little.

Looks like the guy I'm up against this week has given up on it. Hasn't been on in 2 and a half weeks and has 1 player inactive due to injury and another on a bye week. All this despite having Michael Bush (who seems to be the Raiders starting RB this week) and Sidney Rice on the bench.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. I much prefer these kind of opponents to ones who actually put an effort into it. Makes it easier on me ha

Julio Jones is on 26 points with 11 minutes left in the quarter :eek::eek::eek:

The chap that has him in division 5 has left him on his bench. I feel so sorry for him. That score is bound to increase a lot over the next few hours.

Get this, my team has pretty much no one good apart from Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson, and they're both on a bye, but my score this week is so far best in the league. Thank god for DeMarco Murray, a star in the making no doubt.

My decision to bring Marshall back into the line-up seems to be working so far. He's on 13.5 points so far and he's finally caught a TD. Even better news though is that Kevin Faulk is inactive for the Patriots. Means Law Firm will get the majority of carries now.

My 2 receivers combine today for 3 points, hooray, while I bench one guy and release another who combine for like 20. I don't mind though as the Falcons D and Matt Bryant combine for 20 points, and my RBs combine for 40 points. Kellen Winslow also doing well for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Julio Jones on the bench... :(

Advertisement