Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it possible to have 2 isp's on the one line? I seem to.

Options
  • 01-11-2011 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

just came accross somthing weird, my ps3 has its own ppoe settings because it has trouble with nat otherwise,

switched back to eircom over a month ago so i switched on the ps3 tonight i dont use it a lot, still has the voda pppoe settings and its picked up the vodafone ip yet my router and any machines getting its ip from it are using the eircom ip address, both machines have full internet access, surely that isnt right? and surely vodafone should have ended service by now at any rate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

weeder wrote: »
    just came accross somthing weird, my ps3 has its own ppoe settings because it has trouble with nat otherwise,

switched back to eircom over a month ago so i switched on the ps3 tonight i dont use it a lot, still has the voda pppoe settings and its picked up the vodafone ip yet my router and any machines getting its ip from it are using the eircom ip address, both machines have full internet access, surely that isnt right? and surely vodafone should have ended service by now at any rate

You wont be able to connect with both at the3 same time but you can connect one at a time.

Both eircom and Vodafone use CSID authentication. Maning that the authenticate based on your unique port id. Likely Vodafone forgot to remove your CSID off their BRASes (actually it is probably a Radius server). As long as they are not billing you, dont worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

but thats the thing, the ps3 was sitting in an online lobby with the voda ip whilst every other machine hanging off the router was using the eircom ip.

the ps3 is now eircom after i switched the pppoe info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sebey

I have heard from someone that, admittedly works at Digiweb, that Vodafone is licensing Eircom's broadband infrastructure and selling it on as theirs. This may be why you are able to use Vodafone's PPOE settings and have it work under Eircoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum, since they are your current ISP.

Advertisement