Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Cam Dowels

• 01-11-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

We recently got a piece of second hand IKEA furniture and realised when we went to put it together that we're missing some of the bits. We can replace everything except the cam dowels. They're proving difficult to source either from local hardware shops or online does anyone have any ideas where we might find them?

cam-dowel-connector.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you contacted IKEA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

u can buy these in the ikea store from what looks like a cigarette machine at the back of the customer returns area, I think all packs are 3 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed them on to Him Indoors and he says he's ordered them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KRPB

Hi Kylith

I had a similar problem we were mising ikea parts for a pax wardrobe as well including a cam lock ikea part no 113434 cam dowels ikea part no 112996 and a wooden dowel ikea part no 101350. I found a website called www. missingscrew.co.uk

Hope this helps

Krpb

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Go back up to Ikea and buy the missing parts from the vending machines or self service aisles.

Its not rocket science and its rather simple.

Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not trying to ne smart here, but if the parts are missing shouldn't IKEA be supplying them for free. Why should you have to pay? (Unless ofcoures you really lost them when everything was spread all over the floor;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

KoolKid wrote: »
    Not trying to ne smart here, but if the parts are missing shouldn't IKEA be supplying them for free. Why should you have to pay? (Unless ofcoures you really lost them when everything was spread all over the floor;))
    :D We recently got a piece of second hand IKEA furniture :D

So €3 ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For second hand that's great. Sorry I missed that in the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We eventually got some online. The desk is holding together very well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement