Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore paw

• 01-11-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭

Coco got herself tangled up in chain link fence and barbed wire today:(. Miraculously she wasnt stuck that long but the wire was tangled around her foot very tightly, twisted as she must have spun around a few times.

She couldn't walk on it after she was detangled and then rested for the entire afternoon and when she was let up again she was walking on it fine.

Now to anybody else she's fine, but the foot is very slightly swollen (you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it) and she holds it very slightly off the ground after she's been resting. After a short while she puts the full weight on it.

Am I overreacting or should I take her to the vets? She doesn't appear to be in pain, and is eating and drinking fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would take her to the vets if it was me. Is there a wound there? If the skin is broken there could be a chance of infection from the wire and thats what the swelling could be.
    Hope she feels better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

That's the thing, I've given it a thorough check and there's no cut, not even a little scratch. She has a scratch on her belly from the barbed wire but it was the fence that was twisted around her paw.

Normally if she hurts herself she's a bit of a drama queen but she's not acting up at all and has let me touch and examine her paw as well. Normally I wouldn't hesitate but she's not acting out of character or acting as if she's injured. I'm on the lookout for all the signs and there are none, so that why I think I'm overreacting!

I'll observe her tonight and see how she is in the morning. She's lying her beside me like butter wouldn't melt, loving all the extra attention!

Advertisement