Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ok so now Sky sports understands we have opened negotiations with Internacional for Damiao

-__-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ok so now Sky sports understands we have opened negotiations with Internacional for Damiao

-__-

I've liked the look of him whenever I've seen him. He's big and strong and knows where the goal is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

-__-

Have you a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

**** he looks a good prayer in that video,surely this is too good to be true.What kind of money would we be talking for him?

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »

-__-

Have you a link for that?
    I dont it was on SSN last night but havent seen it on it since and not on their website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Seemingly we are looking at Joe Allen from Swansea, my old man reckons he's excellent and could be a top player.

have yet to see him have a bad game myself.

is he good enough to start for spurs or just a squad player?

i personally think we need to improve or at least equal our starting line up and not our squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Gio to Villareal/Granada? Pav to Lokomotiv? Should bring in around €8-10m and free up a decent wage...

Get the cheque book out Daniel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So that's about 10m and the bones of 50k a week? Could get a decent player for that.

Anyone think that Rhodes might be worth a look? 26 goals this season and 61 in his last 100 apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Clint Dempsey is a player that's worth a shot?

Decent player, but not a top 4 player. If we're getting a striker, he needs to be top class. There's no point any more in us buying someone who is a good player, they need to be excellent players - that's what teams aiming for the title go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

SuprSi wrote: »
    Decent player, but not a top 4 player. If we're getting a striker, he needs to be top class. There's no point any more in us buying someone who is a good player, they need to be excellent players - that's what teams aiming for the title go for.

Agree but its almost impossible to get top quality in the January window, At this stage we may have to settle for getting someone in who is an upgrade on Defoe and Pav.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If Defoe play he scores

But only one goal per game otherwise he would have scored in the 93rd minute.

Samba is well and truly Throwing his toys out of the pram saying that he doesnt think he'll give 100% if he plays for them again. I don't like that at all to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ziedth wrote: »
    Samba is well and truly Throwing his toys out of the pram saying that he doesnt think he'll give 100% if he plays for them again. I don't like that at all to be honest.

Is this on video? or is it a possibly made-up report to sell newspapers :pac:

Statement read out on SSN so I assume it was in an interview :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ziedth wrote: »
    Statement read out on SSN so I assume it was in an interview :)

Yeah, just stumbled across the source, the Sun, maybe he said stuff, maybe he didn't, either way they're not reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Mactard wrote: »
    Yeah, just stumbled across the source, the Sun, maybe he said stuff, maybe he didn't, either way they're not reliable.

prob harry who wrote it in his collum!!;)

Pav & Gio going? Pieenar & Bassong off to QPR? Late deals for Damiao / Mandzukic?

IMO if we're serious about cementing 3rd place and/or challenging the two Manchester clubs we have to sign a goalscorer.

Pav only got a run out in injury time against Watford and didn't get on against City even though Defoe was clearly struggling in the last ten...

He has to be shifted and bring in some competition for the other two....

Come on DL!

• Advertisement

Tom Carroll on loan to Derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Telegraph running with a piece tonight saying we looking to get a deadline day deal done for werder bremen playmaker Marin ,he's a super player. They saying its dependant on us flogging corluka and pav tomorrow.

Be nice if all of above happens tomorrow.

Charlie on the way out Adam recalled from mk dons.

Interesting. I remember Marin from when we played Bremen in the CL and he was pure quality. Fast and tricky, with a great left boot. Would allow Bale to take a break occasionally, or for him to play a more free role as a 10 (like VDV does sometimes) behind the main striker.

In theory, Bale could be used as a 4th striker with Marin on the pitch, meaning we could get rid of Pav. It would be a bit of a risk, but Bale is such a good player that I'd imagine him having no problems with that role. He may not be as effective as on the wing, but it would definitely be an option.

The same ITK that broke the Charlie story 6hrs before Sky reckons we'll sign Adebayor up on a permanent deal in this window.

It would be great to announce a big signing at half time tonight, coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That Marin dude has been on our radar for a while (and a host of other top clubs), defo a good replacement for when Modric or Bale finally go - [hopefully not for a good few years yet]

A few of the papers have Rodallega link to a move.

He's decent enough and scored a bag full of goals a few seasons ago but he sure isnt the 20-goals a season striker we need to take us to the next level, thats for sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2094242/Spurs-want-Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-clash.html

"Mario Mandzukic has agreed terms with Spurs his agent Ivan-cvjetkovic is at Spurs lodge now. Deal is pending the sale of Roman Pavlechenko Amount still not finalised with Wolfsburg. Chances of this happening are Very high 85% chance"

Never heard of him - is he any good?

Ain't seen him play, decent goal ratio. The Croatian connection...?

ITK's to be served with a pinch of salt.

Hey, apparently we're swapping Defoe for Andy Carroll if you believe some of the stuff out there....

• Advertisement

Defoe for Andy Carroll!! Haha!

Advertisement