Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Harry just wants to manage croatia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd actually take Carrol for Pav. I think there's an alright player in there somewhere. He wasn't worth a third of the money he was signed for mind.

Saha supposedly a done deal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What? Tell me you're joking. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Saha - how underwhelming. Perenially injured, and not someone any real top 4 team want.

• Advertisement

Why sign a 33 year old striker who isn't can't even score for Everton? Seriously, wtf is going on?

A lot of people reporting it. Saha is a very good player but too injured to make much of an impact.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If its supposedly a done deal its definitely not happening :-D

The only thing good i'd say about him is he's probably better then Pav. This better not be the 20 million striker that we've all been begging for over the last 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

So much for a boring day with transfers !! We're such little deadline day whores !

Sure we'll be rumoured with Ronaldo next ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Adam Smith recalled from MK Dons and then loaned to Leeds for the rest of the season.. interesting to see how he gets on at Championship level. We really are well-stocked with talented, young Right Backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saha? Surely this is Harry poor spelling and he meant Zaha?

Bring back Gregorz Rasiak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Saha? Surely this is Harry poor spelling and he meant Zaha?

Bring back Gregorz Rasiak!

hahaha, very good! No sign of Huntelaar yet? Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I refuse to believe anything on transfer day until Jim White utters the immortal words... "My sources tell me":D

Apparently we made an £18 million bid for Remy. Was turned down though.
    Marseilles chairman claims #Spurs made an £18mi offer for Loic Remy. It was rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Rumoured that it's pienaar going to everton and Saha to us on an 18 month contract straight swap, PAV must surely be on his way at this stage !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Why Saha? He's sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Why Saha? He's sh!te.

Me mate is an everton fan, and reckons he's quality, just hasn't played well this season, maybe he needs a change and arry can work his magic similar to what he did with Kanu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think he's a very good player, but he's getting on a bit now and is very injury prone, so I can't see what he'd offer. Definitely better than Pav, but I still wouldn't rate him enough to be in the squad as he wouldn't displace any of the first 3.

I actually always liked him. Better then Pav so maybe not awful to have on the bench or whatever but definately not the signing I was hoping for. Still a while to go but something tells me we are going to be disapointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

He is 33, bit better than Pav I suppose, but no point having both is there?

Pav turned up at WHL got some personal bits and left about 30 mins ago #toast

No Pav, Defoe or Rodallega in teams/squads.....

Pav turned up at WHL got some personal bits and left about 30 mins ago #toast

No Pav, Defoe or Rodallega in teams/squads.....

I have a feeling Pav and Defoe are going to be gone by midnight with (hopefully) a big name brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Christ, so if we get rid of Defoe (which I dont think is a good idea considering Ade's form at the moment) we'll be replacing him with Saha?! Too old, not in form etc etc.... Not too sure about this at all.

Defoe not going anywhere Saha is a stop gap until we can bring in who we want in the summer.

Ya I didn't realise he wasn't available for the game. It would be mad to get shot of him, Saha isn't bad to have to be honest but he's a stop gap at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Where is Charlie gone to. Loan or permanent transfer. Must say Iam glad to see him go, always seemed lazy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

gone on loan to laverkusen

ziedth wrote: »
    I have a feeling Pav and Defoe are going to be gone by midnight with (hopefully) a big name brought in.

That is the kind of bold move that could fire us very close to our first EPL title....

PS. Why always us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

1505 Tottenham defender Vedran Corluka has joined Bayer Leverkusen on loan until the end of the season, the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed. from RTE's deadine coverage

Advertisement