Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Redknapp quoted as saying "we're tying up a deal for Saha with Pav is going to Lokomotiv. Pienaar wanted to go to QPR but move is dead because of Krasic deal falling through.

London24 saying "Krasic wanted 70k, we offered 50k, deal broke down"

BBC reckon "Harry Redknapp says he tried to sign Juventus winger Milos Krasic this week but he only wanted the Serbia international on loan and the Italian side were only interested in a permanent deal. Redknapp also says he could not let Steven Pienaar goes back to Everton because he has too many injuries"

Also says "Wolves want to sign Sebastien Bassong but he will need to complete a deal for an unnamed defender before he lets that one go through"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I swore I wouldn't stay up for this window and I was more or less certain that we wouldn't be doing any business yet here I am, glued to the laptop, waiting for confirmation of something decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

saha complete til season end, ryan nelson in and bassong out according to sky.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    saha complete til season end, ryan nelson in and bassong out according to sky.

33yr old Saha and 34 yr old Nelson...... Surely we could have signed these guys when the window opened....?

I think Redknapp has corrupted Daniel Levy's mind ..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

34 year old Ryan Nelson? WTF?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not really liking any of these decisions tbh. A 33 year old striker and a 34 year old defender, both of whom are really injury prone?

Just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »
    34 year old Ryan Nelson? WTF?!!

Harry is on the glue again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Very, very, very weird altogether.

But look how Parker worked out, maybe there is something there?? I don't see it but emmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Looks like VDV will miss the Liverpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Looks like VDV will miss the Liverpool game.

add to that defoe , lennon and possibly walker

Benny could get done by the FA as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The way i see it is that Saha is cover until the summer and is better option than Pav. As far as Nelson is concerned, its again a case of cover for Daws Kaboul and King. He will not play much and Bassong obviously wanted out bigtime. The major deals will be done in the summer window. Keep the faith :)

I just don't see how Nelson is better than Bassong? He plays for Blackburn and has never been a quality defender! I really don't understand it.

I'm bemused.... Nelson has played one game this season with a knee injury.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I just don't see how Nelson is better than Bassong? He plays for Blackburn and has never been a quality defender! I really don't understand it.

Nobody said he was better, but Bassong wanted out so he can play first team football. Nelson obviously will be happy with a bit part role, remember we have 3 top class centre backs plus Gallas to come back.

I guess so. Fair enough then, hopefully we won't need to use him too much and if we do he can hold his own. Agree with Leinster though, why wait until the end of the window to sign him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm guessing they were really looking for Samba but decided against it for whatever reason. With Gallas as cover and top three centre backs I doubt we'll see Nelson make a PL appearance to be honest.

I was gutted when all we signed was Parker so I'm keeping faith this time.

That said, it's obvious Harry just got rid off the two squad players he has no confidence in and to be fair I never did either (except for the odd 'super-ish' Pav moment).

A case of keep the money for the summer? Bale to play off Adebayor....?

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm guessing they were really looking for Samba but decided against it for whatever reason. With Gallas as cover and top three centre backs I doubt we'll see Nelson make a PL appearance to be honest.

I was gutted when all we signed was Parker so I'm keeping faith this time.

Id say Samba was not for sale at any price. I am keeping the faith too, in Harry we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not sold on Ade anymore. He looked ideal for a few games but for the wages he'd want I think we could
    Do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

£40m profit last two windows

• Advertisement

Pienaar gone i'm hearing?

DONE DEAL: Everton have confirmed they have signed their former midfielder Steven Pienaar, 29, on loan from Tottenham for the rest of the season

So who's coming in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

We've signed Saha, looks like Pav is joining Lokomotiv Moscow.

That was pretty funny on MOTD..

Redknapp's phone rings "that could be Krasic now, shame I don't speak Italian"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

That was pretty funny on MOTD..

Redknapp's phone rings "that could be Krasic now, shame I don't speak Italian"

I know Ive seen that myself--that was comedy gold:D

If they were ever to make a new series of "Only Fools and Horses" they could get an endless supply of gag materiel from old 'Arry;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Pavlyuchenko off to locomotiv Moscow for a reported 11 mil, not bad business for someone we paid 14 for 3 years ago!
    Scored 42 goals in 113 appearances which a fair few would have been off the bench, not a bad turn around for someone who never showed their full potential.
    Some unreal goals and some important ones too.

I know I'll miss him !!

All the best Pav !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Emoran wrote: »
    Pavlyuchenko off to locomotiv Moscow for a reported 11 mil, not bad business for someone we paid 14 for 3 years ago!
    Scored 42 goals in 113 appearances which a fair few would have been off the bench, not a bad turn around for someone who never showed their full potential.
    Some unreal goals and some important ones too.

I know I'll miss him !!

All the best Pav !

scored some good goals but his attitude was beginning to really show recently. the effort and work rate of our team has gone way way up and pav didnt want to join in. He preferred to sulk and just moan all the time.

Saha will of course be a sub and play cup games etc but he will be happy to be there and wont give a moments problem so good luck to sulky pav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pav went for 3m or 11m depending on which source you read.

3m is outrageous if true.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pav went for 3m or 11m depending on which source you read.

3m is outrageous if true.:mad:
    Redknapp said it was good money €11m is what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The last few transfer windows have been poor, we haven't really spent any money and is this what we have to look forward to for the next 5-10 years whilst we get the stadium in place ?

This was potentially an opportunity to kick on and compete for the title .. i fear that we have settled for 3rd/4th place this season when we could do even better... i'm not normally pessimistic but the lack of ambition in the last few transfer windows has battered my confidence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't agree with people saying we needed a big signing in this window. Generally the best players won't be available in January and if they are, it's for ridiculous wages and/or transfer fee.

Pav out, Saha in seems ok to me. 'Arry obviously doesn't like Pav and doesn't trust him. We got a lot of money for a guy surplus to requirements.

Personally I would have kept Pienaar, as I think he is one of our best subs, but obviously 'Arry isn't impressed. We still have Kranjcar, Rose and Dos Santos as cover for wise positions (and Luka at a push), and have Hudd, Livermore, Sandro and Kranjcar as cover for central mid.

Letting Bassong and Corluka go and only bringing in Nelsen is a worry for me. It will be fine if we don't have an injury crisis. But with King, Daws, Gallas and Nelsen in your squad, an injury crisis is almost a given. A 34 year old centre half who hasn't played since August would normally need a run of games to get fit. I guess we still have Kaboul and Livermore to cover Walker at right back. Caulker back in the summer. Hopefully we'll pull through.

I would imagine morale will be better with some of the sulkers gone and a few old heads in.

Advertisement