Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping supplies and airport security

Options
  • 01-11-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I am heading through the airport in the morning.

Anyone ever had issues with security carrying their e-cig ?

I have an ego-t

cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

nope.. got through ok a couple of times with a 510 and now ego-t.
    i guess its gonna happen one day tho when someone questions what it is.

i guess their xrays dont consider it to be anything strange and its not illegal.

i hear the yanks are banning them on flights later in the month. not sure to what extent that is,assuming is just using them inflight.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Flying out at the weekend so planning to carry 1 ego-T and an M401 with me. And two of each in my checked in luggage.

Going to carry all my e-liquids in toiletries plastic bag and 100 pre filled cartridges in checked in luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I've had a bit of a trouble with Dublin airport security :) your man took very suspicious look at my Provari with Buli A2 on it :) Probably thinking it is sort of a bomb or somth.... Had to show him the way it's works , no problem after... If it is only EGO-T -- they wouldn't care at all

180244.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Safe trip Alec :)
    5l55jm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

LMAO:D

I'd no problems in Dublin or abroad with an ego-t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

Travelled through Dublin airport the other week, had 3 ego-t batteries and a blister pack of cartomizers in my hand luggage. It seemed that the cartomizers showed up as unusual on the x-ray possibly the way they were all neatly lined up in the blister pack,but once I told them what they were they waved me on.
    Stangely enough I had a JacVapour sport kit in my pocket that I put in a tray on its own at the x-ray and they didn't even look at it?

Coming back through Malaga there was a bit of interest on the X-Ray screen I asked was there a problem in my best broken Spanish and again just got waved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

I've gone through Dublin Airport, Schipol Airport in Amsterdam, and Pearson Airport in Toronto this year with two ego-t's and my juices with no problems at all. Put the juice in the ziplock bags and the e-cigs in my carry on.

No questions asked:)

Even used my e-cig on the Canada flights. Was nice and discrete about it. It was a godsend on the long flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

No hassle going through Dublin airport and coming back from Edinburgh at the weekend.
    Had a 900mAh battery, 18650 Joyetech mod and a couple of bottles of juices.
    No labels on the bottles, before i put them into tray in Edinburgh, the security asked if that's all the liquids i had, said yes and no questions asked about them.
    Had the batteries and atties in a case so she did'nt see them when i placed it into the tray.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I had no problem in T2 when I was going to Dubai a couple of weeks ago.

Put all my juice in one of those little see through bags the women put their make up in and away I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I was away and had no trouble taking my lavatube and mini LT with me thankfully.

Up until then I hadn't really seen anyone else vaping, only to meet one of my mates at the airport and he's vaping also. Then in some dodgy pub I met another Irish lad puffing on an ego-t!

It was a pleasure to be able to puff away in the bars with no problems or people looking at me. Everyone seemed to know what it was and I had no issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Where were you as a matter of interest? I got very strange looks in both Austria & Germany. But I hear from other sources that vaping is becoming very popular in Denmark & Cyprus for instance!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Heading to Gran Canaria Tuesday week, here's hoping there's no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

CJKeane wrote: »
    Heading to Gran Canaria Tuesday week, here's hoping there's no issues!

There shouldn't be once you keep your batteries/mod out of contact with the 40 degrees+ direct sunlight. If you don't you might get a better tan than you bargain for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Ooh didn't think of that! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 charliej

Just a note. I've traveled several times with my big Genesis and Lavatube pvs, carrying some 18650 batteries too, but nobody asked me a question at Dublin airport.
    Usually I had 20-30ml liquid too in my case, also my tank holds around 3-4ml each and nobody noticed it, even I forgot these in my on board bag.
    Most of the security guys are aware of these pvs even the bigger mods. Don't worry. :-)

I'll be going over to UK Vapefest in a few weeks and will be bringing my Throathit twin variable and a provari with me.
    I really hope I've no issues especially with the way the throathit looks as I'll be relying on its long battery life to get me through the few days. I wont have checked in luggage either so will have to bring all my vaping supplies on the plane.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To be honest man, i'd say you'd be best off bringing nothing with you, and just buy what you need over there...and if your coming back, check a bag in with the stuff you bought at vapefest.

you're only allowed 1 of those small plastic bags on the plane for liquids!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just remembered i was in denmark a while ago and the guy i was with had an ecig, went through security no problem. I think he took it out of his pocket and left it visible for security.

He had his juice in his checked in baggage so i have no idea what kind of reception that would have gotten.

eeloe wrote: »
    To be honest man, i'd say you'd be best off bringing nothing with you, and just buy what you need over there...and if your coming back, check a bag in with the stuff you bought at vapefest.

you're only allowed 1 of those small plastic bags on the plane for liquids!

I wasn't planning on buying any mods over there if I can resist so I'll have to bring them as I will need plenty of battery power to get me through the few days.

Ill be probably chain vaping most of the day and night on the Saturday of it and probably the Friday as well because there's a gang of people meeting up on the Friday for a piss up as well so Ill need to get through from 5am Friday morning until late Friday night and all day Saturday and that's where the Throathit mod will come into its own with the battery life in it. I'll have the chargers as well obviously but Id say my time in the hotel will be limited to charge them.

I have never heard of anyone having a mod confiscated so hopefully it will be grand, the uncertainty of it is a bit annoying though.

• Advertisement

Just remembered i was in denmark a while ago and the guy i was with had an ecig, went through security no problem. I think he took it out of his pocket and left it visible for security.

He had his juice in his checked in baggage so i have no idea what kind of reception that would have gotten.

Why I'm worried is one of my mods looks like something you detonate a bomb with :D This one here..

R0COFl.jpg

Advertisement