Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sentimental Attachment to "things"

• 01-11-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭

Personally, I have no "things" that I have any emotional attachment to. For example, if my house went on fire I would not be upset to lose any particular belongings.

Obviously, I am excluding attachment to real people!
    Also, obviously, I do not want to lose anything expensive.

I have nothing that I am attached to purely for sentimental reasons.
    I am male.

Any other views??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

im attatched to loads of things. for example, all the musical instruments i own, and a plastic dinosaur i have had since i was a toddler.

things are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I dunno about that.

An old pair of shoes that took a year of tramping about in to get just right, the couch with the perfect full body groove, your usual table in the local...

Nathin wrong with having a fondness for something that's stood you in good stead for years I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The violin I've had since I was 12. My complete collection of Ray Feist 1st editions. One particular guitar (the others and the piano are replaceable). Nothing else springs to mind.
    humbert wrote: »
    your usual table in the local...

Table? Pffft. Are you not there early enough to get a seat at the bar?

P.S. I'd be a tad upset at losing the house itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

my lucky jockstrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Come on now surely you'd miss your grandfathers' straight razor, your records, comics, vintage girlie mags, bespoke suits, whiskey collection and Japanese knives? God knows I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Cargin

Everything about the old folks' place. I like the familiarity everytime I go back after being away for a while. Its comforting.

Advertisement