Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

es-cee wrote: »
    basic internet is usually 1-3MB, that is well slow man. eircom are the same, piss slow. UPC are doing up to 100MB BB, i'm on a 25MB line, with phone and HD TV with sky sports & 3 boxes, and it costs €100 a month, roughly.
    i know afew that work direct for upc and get the lot for nothin,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

had war with them ***** digiweb yrs ago.overchargin me on direct debt.then werent gettin my postal orders.then chargin me again for the modem that i sent back,that they couldnt find. useless. upc are the best.it flys along.

Have to say I've never had any probs with them over the years,I dont use them anymore (well the house still uses them I just dont live there anymore)....I'm currently on Eircom here and it's good too but not as fast as I found Digiweb to be, I've not considered upc as I've had bad dealings with them ar$eholes over TV in the past.

Anyone tried these guys??? :D

basic internet is usually 1-3MB, that is well slow man. eircom are the same, piss slow. UPC are doing up to 100MB BB, i'm on a 25MB line, with phone and HD TV with sky sports & 3 boxes, and it costs €100 a month, roughly.

No Sean not basic internet , when I say basic i mean their basic package or their cheapest package is 32+vat per month,ya get 20 or 25megs and its fast as fook,faster than this **** eircom for starters........upc can come round and suck my hole and I'd still them them to fook off, i had dealings with them before and wouldnt go near them again,shower of kents! they can shove there 100mb phone n tv up their holes! ........ I have a mobile i get unlimited txts and skype on for 20 yoyo a month and I dont do TV so fook that......and i get this eircom for free :D

but if i had to go n pick a service for internet i'd probably get digiweb again or give that imagine wimax a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

anyone using mediafire to store files, should back up what they've got saved.
    A Paramount Pictures exec said today that the studios continue to make criminal referrals against cyberlocker services dedicated to enabling piracy and identifies the top five ‘rogue’ sites.

Alfred Perry, Paramount Pictures’ vice president of worldwide content protection.

In the wake of the MegaUpload indictment, the top Hollywood film studios are pushing for more cyberlocker services to be charged with crimes.

“We continue to make criminal referrals,” said Alfred Perry, vice president for worldwide content protection at Paramount Pictures, during a panel discussion at the On Copyright conference here yesterday. Later he added that “more than 41 billion page views (yearly) are generated by the top 5 rogue cyberlocker services. That’s five page views for every person on the planet.”

After the panel, Perry provided CNET with the names of the top five “rogue” cyberlocker services. They are (in no particular order): Putlocker, Wupload, Depositfiles, FileServe and MediaFire. He did not say whether any of those sites are under investigation or face criminal prosecution, so it is still unclear whether the MegaUpload case will trigger a wave of criminal copyright prosecutions.

His comments, however, are consistent with what my film-industry sources have told me since MegaUpload founder Kim DotCom was tossed in a New Zealand jail in January. There’s no question that the film studios and major music labels want more arrests made and to link some forms of Internet piracy to criminal conduct.

http://vrritti.com/2012/03/31/mpaa-wants-more-criminal-cases-brought-against-rogue-sites-top-five-rogue-cyberlocker-services-named/

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Have to say I've never had any probs with them over the years,I dont use them anymore (well the house still uses them I just dont live there anymore)....I'm currently on Eircom here and it's good too but not as fast as I found Digiweb to be, I've not considered upc as I've had bad dealings with them ar$eholes over TV in the past.

Anyone tried these guys??? :D
    yes.. i rang them once.just inquiring about their services.shouldnt of givin them my number..they wouldnt leave me alone for about a year.
    im an online gamer and the guy was tryin to tell me i can play online games with wifi.and o2 that dongle thing tryed to tell me that it gives out 12 meg.i said yes.. if youre sitting on top of their mast with a laptop it will, haha, he didnt like that.. but they stopped callin me after that.theyd all say mass to get ya to buy their tinternet

i know afew that work direct for upc and get the lot for nothin,

Charging €1200 per annum,no wonder some of them get it for nowt :D perks of the job eh!

Charging €1200 per annum,no wonder some of them get it for nowt :D perks of the job eh!

1200 annually for alot of stuff G, not just internet.

Is that including all calls made or just line rental? I'm sure 1200 per year is a good deal for peeps that watch alot of tv and use a landline phone and internet and if i was pushed and needed it i'd probably pay it too tbh ....but not to upc! they can go fook off regardless how good peeps say they are.....but for now, my free use of eircom coupled with my 20 yoyos a month mobile costs is a more attractive option :D that's a €960 saving!

Is that including all calls made or just line rental? I'm sure 1200 per year is a good deal for peeps that watch alot of tv and use a landline phone and internet and if i was pushed and needed it i'd probably pay it too tbh ....but not to upc! they can go fook off regardless how good peeps say they are.....but for now, my free use of eircom coupled with my 20 yoyos a month mobile costs is a more attractive option :D that's a €960 saving!

just looking at sky here, and for less channels with HD than i get it's €74 a month. then add phone on top of that, with free local calls, and 100 free mobile minutes, and 25MB BB as well, i'm only paying €100.

EDIT: i have 3 tv boxes as well man, HD one in sitting room, and two other normal boxes with sky sports in the two bedrooms. only channels i don't have is movies, coz lets face it, they're a rip off full of repeats.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/hd/details/sports-in-hd/?DCMP=AFC-121872&affiliate=true

• Advertisement

just looking at sky here, and for less channels with HD than i get it's €74 a month. then add phone on top of that, with free local calls, and 100 free mobile minutes, and 25MB BB as well, i'm only paying €100.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/hd/details/sports-in-hd/?DCMP=AFC-121872&affiliate=true
    i thought sky internet was only available in uk

i thought sky internet was only available in uk

it is only in uk as far as i know. that price is just for the tv package.

I don't see your argument here Sean, I can see it from your point of veiw alright, your onto a winner with your upc deal,it works for you in comparision to sky based on the above, but as I watch all of 0 hours of tv per week upc v sky is null n void.

I spend the bulk of my day (and night) on the web and any calls (or texts) I make are on my 3G skype enabled mobile that I pay €20 a month for,thats €240 per annum for my phone,my net is via eircom bb that I get for free.

If upc want to call me and offer me someting simular for €240 per annum AND more importantly,an apology for employing snotty jumped up c**ts then maybe I'd consider it :D ...... but thats just me.

I don't see your argument here Sean, I can see it from your point of veiw alright, your onto a winner with your upc deal,it works for you in comparision to sky based on the above, but as I watch all of 0 hours of tv per week upc v sky is null n void.

I spend the bulk of my day (and night) on the web and any calls (or texts) I make are on my 3G skype enabled mobile that I pay €20 a month for,thats €240 per annum for my phone,my net is via eircom bb that I get for free.

If upc want to call me and offer me someting simular for €240 per annum AND more importantly,an apology for employing snotty jumped up c**ts then maybe I'd consider it :D ...... but thats just me.

with ya now, i wouldn't be able to cope with normal cable, or the free equivalent is when it gets the chop later this year.
    too used to having football etc, without having to go the boozer to watch em.

anyway, back to the music. posted loads of time, but it's savage darkness!!! :)

As requested m8

The Creator
    http://www.mediafire.com/?molcnxxp6k1zik3

and here's

Karma Chant
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t3sigdwyh4q3i1t

Both are wavs ..........lovely high quality crackles & pops :D

• Advertisement

As requested m8

The Creator
    http://www.mediafire.com/?molcnxxp6k1zik3

and here's

Karma Chant
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t3sigdwyh4q3i1t

Both are wavs ..........lovely high quality crackles & pops :D

ya can draw out the crackles and pops in audacity G, just need to zoom in on the wave form all the way, then select the pencil tool from the tool bar, and draw out the pop ;) also when ya do record something, make sure it's at a low enough level (around -8dB) so it doesn't clip. then click effects at the top and choose 'applify'. once you do that change the the 'new peak applitude (dB)' to -0.1, and you will have a nice professional sounding recording ;)

ya can draw out the crackles and pops in audacity G, just need to zoom in on the wave form all the way, then select the pencil tool from the tool bar, and draw out the pop ;) also when ya do record something, make sure it's at a low enough level (around -8dB) so it doesn't clip. then click effects at the top and choose 'applify'. once you do that change the the 'new peak applitude (dB)' to -0.1, and you will have a nice professional sounding recording ;)

Nice 1 Sean,i'll try it when I do me next conversion...........and message ya when i get stuck! lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

ive zoomed in now and it wont let me im using the draw tool as you said, would you mind havin a go at removing the crackles urslef or if u want to elaborate on wat u said above il try it myself:D

ive zoomed in now and it wont let me im using the draw tool as you said, would you mind havin a go at removing the crackles urslef or if u want to elaborate on wat u said above il try it myself:D

ya need to pin point were the crackle and pops are 1st, then zoom right in on that exact spot. you'll see the pop or crackle as it will be disfigured looking, ya just need to draw over it with the pencil to make it better.

just to clarify on this, he normalizes the audio, which can (sometimes, not always) leave the file clipped, which you don't want. just highlight the whole file, click on 'effect' and then 'applify' and change the 'new peak applitude (dB)' to -0.1. this way it will not clip and it will still sound really high in volume.

• Advertisement

Nice 1 Sean,i'll try it when I do me next conversion...........and message ya when i get stuck! lol :D

:D

ya need to pin point were the crackle and pops are 1st, then zoom right in on that exact spot. you'll see the pop or crackle as it will be disfigured looking, ya just need to draw over it with the pencil to make it better.

just to clarify on this, he normalizes the audio, which can (sometimes, not always) leave the file clipped, which you don't want. just highlight the whole file, click on 'effect' and then 'applify' and change the 'new peak applitude (dB)' to -0.1. this way it will not clip and it will still sound really high in volume.

Good man Sean, nice tip & vid...........and fook ya!! going to take me even longer to convert me vinyls now!! :mad: lol .......i've actually never even looked around audacity,just rip the vinyls and next lol but having watched that clip I'll give it a bash,seems pointless ripping vinyls to digitsl format and not tidying up the snap crackle & pops.

p.s. If I was him I'd have highlighted the whole file & clicked delete!! it sounds crap :D

Good man Sean, nice tip & vid...........and fook ya!! going to take me even longer to convert me vinyls now!! :mad: lol .......i've actually never even looked around audacity,just rip the vinyls and next lol but having watched that clip I'll give it a bash,seems pointless ripping vinyls to digitsl format and not tidying up the snap crackle & pops.

p.s. If I was him I'd have highlighted the whole file & clicked delete!! it sounds crap :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah man, audacity is the best free music program there is imo. it's so versatile, ya wouldn't believe half the stuff ya can do with it man.
    it's also great for ripping audio samples ya wanna use in a track or whatever too, i love it, use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

• Advertisement

enjoyed that, played some well tasty new tunes, well worth a look for anyone into new music, i think it was recorded.

• Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Can't say I ever remember hearing this in a club:eek::eek: