Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

tagfan wrote: »
    Nice set of videos. One for each of the people who went to it.

who the fu*k are you. piss off you mupper troll :mad:

another vid i seen taken in the Hardcore / Jungle tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tagfan

jonnny68 wrote: »
    another vid i seen taken in the Hardcore / Jungle tent

The energy in that crowd 13 seconds in is something else. Thought the roof was about to come off.

The energy in that crowd 13 seconds in is something else. Thought the roof was about to come off.

shall be reporting you to a mod for trolling.

crawl back under your rock little man

shall be reporting you to a mod for trolling.

crawl back under your rock little man
    It's sarcasm, not trolling. Take a chill pill mate or are you suffering from mid week blues?

It's sarcasm, not trolling. Take a chill pill mate or are you suffering from mid week blues?

sarcasm really, sounds like trolling to me, perhaps get yourself a new hobby mate or just post an another thread yeah.

we are generally nice on here but occasionally someone comes on and tries to stir it up.....

sarcasm really, sounds like trolling to me, perhaps get yourself a new hobby mate or just post an another thread yeah.

we are generally nice on here but occasionally someone comes on and tries to stir it up.....

Ok extending the hand of peace.
    Get this banger into you and roll back the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

An old fav of mine from 92

And this was my fav mix. Might not be to many peoples taste but back then it was amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Ok extending the hand of peace.
    Get this banger into you and roll back the years.

possibly the worse tune i ever heard..post that ****e somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

es-cee wrote: »

That story is 6 years old. Even the news is oldskool here…

That's when news was hardcore and meant something, not that plinky plonky tip tap recession shyte we have now...

I did not see this one coming!!! :eek::eek::eek:

mercury_newspaper_1991.jpg

Double-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry for going off topic there. Does anyone know if this jungle cd is worth getting?

51iZHToUuvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sorry for going off topic there. Does anyone know if this jungle cd is worth getting?

hahahaha im in a knot laughing here......at you..keep em coming ya clown :)

how old are you, 10? get a life ya sad little cúnt lol.

es-cee wrote: »
    how old are you, 10? get a life ya sad little cúnt lol.

Well, after everyone saying how great oldskool music was over on the nostalgia thread I said I'd check them out and I figured nothing's more oldskool than preskool, amiright!?!? And this one's got playtime riddims on it and everything.

You know though, looking at jonny's vidjoes I might just be a convert. Hanging around in tents with tiny groups of serotonin depleted fortysomethings listening to old hardcore records no one cares about anymore looks like the best way of keeping it real.

Well, after everyone saying how great oldskool music was over on the nostalgia thread I said I'd check them out and I figured nothing's more oldskool than preskool, amiright!?!? And this one's got playtime riddims on it and everything.

You know though, looking at jonny's vidjoes I might just be a convert. Hanging around in tents with tiny groups of serotonin depleted fortysomethings listening to old hardcore records no one cares about anymore looks like the best way of keeping it real.

but becoming a troll on an internet forum is? you really need to get out more mate, there's a whole world past your keyboard waiting to be explored.

• Advertisement

That story is 6 years old. Even the news is oldskool here…
    1st ive heard of it, then again im not interested in those type of stories..im sure theres someone that took 40.500 Es.oldskool doesnt have to be hardcore techno.. what about 60s 70s 80s etc..its all music end of the day.. except for that pagan techno **** that you like.ya fukin header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

foxes_241.gif That's fookin hilarious!! foxes_241.gif

But,back to the serious shyte now,can I ask an honest question Kunts?

For all the stuff you've been slating throughout boards forums,do you believe that any of these http://soundcloud.com/four-bear are better?

EarlERizer wrote: »
    foxes_241.gif That's fookin hilarious!! foxes_241.gif

For all the stuff you've been slating throughout boards forums,do you believe that any of these http://soundcloud.com/four-bear are better?

who's soundcloud page is that G?

That would be the one I have up as a hobby which he has put up to try and embarrass me but unfortunately I have no shame. And you are correct in believing they are all sh¡te. I've never made any bones about that. I use the page to get feedback to improve my production skills and get tips on how to arrange tunes. I'd never dream of doing anything with them because they are all crap - they most I'd do is enter remix competitions for an excuse to do a bit of tinkering.

But you know since I've been on this oldskool page I've been inspired. I'm going to make some junglist hardcore riddims! Dadrumandabassindaface!

And it's kunst as in the German word for art. The way you wrote just sounds rude…

That would be the one I have up as a hobby which he has put up to try and embarrass me but unfortunately I have no shame. And you are correct in believing they are all sh¡te. I've never made any bones about that. I use the page to get feedback to improve my production skills and get tips on how to arrange tunes. I'd never dream of doing anything with them because they are all crap - they most I'd do is enter remix competitions for an excuse to do a bit of tinkering.

But you know since I've been on this oldskool page I've been inspired. I'm going to make some junglist hardcore riddims! Dadrumandabassindaface!

And it's kunst as in the German word for art. The way you wrote just sounds rude…

Kunst (I'm typing slower now)

Your either overly paranoid or overly confrontational! Or is it a persecution complex? you could do with a dose of your own advice and "take a chill pill". My putting up your soundcloud page wasn't to embarrass you,nor did I make any suggestion that what you've done is shyte! I asked you an honest question giving the amount of negative posts from you regarding alot of music I wanted to gauge your opinion of your own music and maybe give you a little food for thought!

Personally it's not to my taste,as you'll know from here I prefer oldskool hardcore,jungle & dnb,for that reason I hang around the oldskool threads enjoying the stuff I like.I'm not over on the rock threads slagging off rock music,I'm not over on the indie threads slagging off Indie music etc etc etc

I'm not qualified to give you any constructive feedback on your work but I'm looking forward to hearing your take on 'hardcore,jungle' and/or 'dadrumandabassindaface' (is that like d'Drum n d'Bass? - fookin love that stuff I do)

I've read through your 100+ posts thus far and you come across as someone who's up their own ar$e,thinks their better than everyone around them,belittling,obnoxious & for the most part rude,occasionally funny and has a varied taste in music!

......atleast my 'rudeness' can be explained,it was a quirky spelling error/slip of the finger!

There's a good bunch of people knocking about these threads who are helpful,friendly,supportive,we all have different tastes and opinions but for the most part we all get along,no need for nastiness or trolling.

Good aul T-Wogz knows d'script!

Might not be too everyones interest! but .........

In other news just in,disco legend Donna Summer has passed away, R.I.P.

i know exactly the kinda guy kunst is.. he just thinks hes better than everyone else..maybe he went to college for abit and did art..in other words( a bunch of losers) he thinks his intelligence is superior to everyone elses..(because he went to college) i know afew people like that... has a ****ty job..because art and college didnt do much for them...afraid of work...lives off other people.. a parasyte.. put on accent..and just comes here to disagree/cause disruption coz hes fook all else to do...bad hygiene and dresses like shaggy from scooby doo...is that you kunsthead? be honest now..or ill throw a bar of soap at ya..

i know exactly the kinda guy kunst is.. he just thinks hes better than everyone else..maybe he went to college for abit and did art..in other words( a bunch of losers) he thinks his intelligence is superior to everyone elses..(because he went to college) i know afew people like that... has a ****ty job..because art and college didnt do much for them...afraid of work...lives off other people.. a parasyte.. put on accent..and just comes here to disagree/cause disruption coz hes fook all else to do...bad hygiene and dresses like shaggy from scooby doo...is that you kunsthead? be honest now..or ill throw a bar of soap at ya..

Haha, funnily enough I did go to college and I did something art related but sadly I'm only blessed with average intelligence. I left college 15 years ago and have not spent one day on the dole or taken money off anyone since. Being from the midlands, I have a genetic inability to do an accent so I've been leaving the 't's out of words all my life and will continue to do so. Also where I live I have access to showers, clothes shops and barbers so unfortunately I don't live up to your other preconceptions either.

I come on to boards to take the piss a bit but tbh it's like hanging out at a soup kitchen at the moment. I think I'll head back to facebook…

Kunst (I'm typing slower now)

Your either overly paranoid or overly confrontational! Or is it a persecution complex? you could do with a dose of your own advice and "take a chill pill". My putting up your soundcloud page wasn't to embarrass you,nor did I make any suggestion that what you've done is shyte! I asked you an honest question giving the amount of negative posts from you regarding alot of music I wanted to gauge your opinion of your own music and maybe give you a little food for thought!

Personally it's not to my taste,as you'll know from here I prefer oldskool hardcore,jungle & dnb,for that reason I hang around the oldskool threads enjoying the stuff I like.I'm not over on the rock threads slagging off rock music,I'm not over on the indie threads slagging off Indie music etc etc etc

I'm not qualified to give you any constructive feedback on your work but I'm looking forward to hearing your take on 'hardcore,jungle' and/or 'dadrumandabassindaface' (is that like d'Drum n d'Bass? - fookin love that stuff I do)

I've read through your 100+ posts thus far and you come across as someone who's up their own ar$e,thinks their better than everyone around them,belittling,obnoxious & for the most part rude,occasionally funny and has a varied taste in music!

Wait, you went through all my posts. I feel so naked and exposed…

And I'd never say 'take a chill pill'. That's so nineties…

Haha, funnily enough I did go to college and I did something art related but sadly I'm only blessed with average intelligence. I left college 15 years ago and have not spent one day on the dole or taken money off anyone since. Being from the midlands, I have a genetic inability to do an accent so I've been leaving the 't's out of words all my life and will continue to do so. Also where I live I have access to showers, clothes shops and barbers so unfortunately I don't live up to your other preconceptions either.

I come on to boards to take the piss a bit but tbh it's like hanging out at a soup kitchen at the moment. I think I'll head back to facebook
    To%20funny.gif
    The last bastion of the social networking upperclass eh! It's a shame about your ego because you can be funny as fook at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

you come across as someone who's up their own ar$e,thinks their better than everyone around them,belittling,obnoxious & for the most part rude

In other words, he comes across as a D!CK.

Wait, you went through all my posts. I feel so naked and exposed…

And I'd never say 'take a chill pill'. That's so nineties…

I'm not one for taking little exerts of what people say and trying to put a spin on it,It's not like there was many,a quick read through,enough to see what your all about on here,by your own admission in your 'last' post your a troll.

My mistake re: chill pill (but the sentiment remains).......and saying shyte like "thats so nineties" is so now?

Give our regards to the cool kids on facebook!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Seriously lads, pretty clear someone is on a wind up here and managing to succeed!

Seriously lads, pretty clear someone is on a wind up here and managing to succeed!

I didn't mean to wind him up Scuba :o

:D

I didn't mean to wind him up Scuba :o

:D

Yeah well old-new-skoolers are easily wound so tread gently....

Yeah well old-new-skoolers are easily wound so tread gently....

In all honesty SD his conduct would warrant the finger wagging and not how regulars responded to him!

Poke a beehive long enough sooner or later your going to get stung!

And to think 60 people disliked this.

In all honesty SD his conduct would warrant the finger wagging and not how regulars responded to him!

Poke a beehive long enough sooner or later your going to get stung!

Don't you mean, poke a hardcore tent long enough and a couple of underfed middle age ravers will stagger out calling you smelly obnoxious dick?

Seriously, enough of the abuse... there are plenty of places to be cool online, facebook is a good bet from what I hear. :eek:

• Advertisement

Right, having read back over the last few posts it has become clear that kunst nugget is in fact a troll and deserves a ban, assuming I can find the ban button.

Mod note: don't mess with the best because the best don't mess, if you mess with the best you'll get your head in a mess.

This is a serious miscarriage of justice! I'd start shouting 'Att-i-ca! Att-i-ca!' except this lot would probably think it's the breakdown in some oldskool tune...

This is a serious miscarriage of justice! I'd start shouting 'Att-i-ca! Att-i-ca!' except this lot would probably think it's the breakdown in some oldskool tune...

i-see-what-you-did-there-4525-1335298316-9.jpg

Oldskool 4eva!

6a00d83451b8c369e200e5539f50238834-800wi.jpg

After a lot of serious work I have finally found the ban button. Now go and spend the week listening to some hardcore-jungleism and report back your findings.

• Advertisement

And to think 60 people disliked this.

Make that 61 :p

Brilliant techno mix, Billy Scurry in the Red Box arena at Homelands 1999, slightly marred by a few token idiots blowing whistles. Did many of you lads on here go to either of the Homelands in Mosney? Great times.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r7ds13hr7e47s4g

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Make that 61 :p
    haha i was gonna say that myself earlier..but there was afew posts after it, so i thought..ah my chance had gone.ha but since it has been brought bk up,, ill now make it 63 lol

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Brilliant techno mix, Billy Scurry in the Red Box arena at Homelands 1999, slightly marred by a few token idiots blowing whistles. Did many of you lads on here go to either of the Homelands in Mosney? Great times.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r7ds13hr7e47s4g

yeah was at this one i think, was off the head, 16 years of age. don't really remember much of it tbh, had been out all weekend partying as ya do, just ended up down there some how :confused: hadn't even got a ticket, but managed to get in lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement