Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭skoot

aceberg wrote: »
    This what i got from deeper

PRESSURE – Deeper

Side A

1.Inspiral Carpets – Saturn 5
    2.Chris & James - Tune In (Animal House Mix)
    3.?????
    4.Rizzo – Work It
    5.Chill 'n' Force – Move Raver
    6.Perplexer – Church Of House
    7.Glam hells party
    8.Planet E Team – Gooroo

Side A

1.Subliminal Cuts – Drumtrack Melody.
    2. Short N Curly – Getin' Funky
    3. Shakavara ‎– Bass Power
    4.?????
    5.?????
    6.FLAX - Intoxication
    7.JX – Son of a Gun
    8.Sequential One - ´all in vain´ is back to you

Anybody go any Deeper and fill in the rest.i think i have 1 more somewer just can@t remember as usual like...:D

i think after perplexer it's legend b - lost in love then planet e team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

skoot wrote: »
    i think after perplexer it's legend b - lost in love then planet e team

So it is yeah

Bloody ell i had Glam - Hells party thoooooooooooo

So it is yeah

Bloody ell i had Glam - Hells party thoooooooooooo

not sure they sound too alike lol... an honest slip up ace, wha :pac:

i think that tune after chris + james is this

http://www.discogs.com/Hi-Lux-Never-Felt-This-Way/master/132946

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I get the distinct feeling we'll be seeing more of you around these parts Stephen 024.gif

Think you might enjoy going back over the pages of this thread

023.gif

you may also find this legendary 'encyclopedic' thread very entertaining if your of an oldskool persuasion http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391

sadly now locked (hence the birth of this thread) but veiwed with the same level of nostalgia as the scene itself!

N-Joi

I'm a massive Old Skool and Classic House fan, love all the Pressure and Mick Walsh stuff. I don't know how I never came into this forum before :)

I'll have to trawl through the thread to listen to some classics :)
    This what i got from deeper

PRESSURE – Deeper

Side A

1.Inspiral Carpets – Saturn 5
    2.Chris & James - Tune In (Animal House Mix)
    3.?????
    4.Rizzo – Work It
    5.Chill 'n' Force – Move Raver
    6.Perplexer – Church Of House
    7.legend b - lost in love
    8.Planet E Team – Gooroo

Side A

1.Subliminal Cuts – Drumtrack Melody.
    2. Short N Curly – Getin' Funky
    3. Shakavara ‎– Bass Power
    4.?????
    5.?????
    6.FLAX - Intoxication
    7.JX – Son of a Gun
    8.Sequential One - ´all in vain´ is back to you

Anybody go any Deeper and fill in the rest.i think i have 1 more somewer just can@t remember as usual like...:D

I can fill some of the blanks...

Side A
    No. 3: Hi Lux - Never Felt This Way

Side B
    No. 4: Sub Bass - Elevation

So it seems its only no. 5 on Side B that's unknown, that's a great track btw :)

This is the Church of House mix that's on the mix tape

Stephen P wrote: »
    I'm a massive Old Skool and Classic House fan, love all the Pressure and Mick Walsh stuff. I don't know how I never came into this forum before :)

I'll have to trawl through the thread to listen to some classics :)

I can fill some of the blanks...

Side A
    No. 3: Hi Lux - Never Felt This Way

Side B
    No. 4: Sub Bass - Elevation

So it seems its only no. 5 on Side B that's unknown, that's a great track btw :)

Yeah good man knew both of them i'm sure i know the missing one aswell.just could'nt be arsed these days trying to remember if it comes to me it comes to me if not somebody else will remember it....lol :D

here's a DJ Computer 1 for yez some good ones on this so throw in what yez know

x c lent track this 1 imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Anyone got this on vinyl, they could rip to wav, for me please?

http://www.discogs.com/release/927204

Beyond Belief, is the track i'm after.
    Will probably buy the record, in the
    next few weeks, just wanna stick it
    in a hard a hard trance mix, in the
    mean time :)

Cheers, es.

es-cee wrote: »
    Anyone got this on vinyl, they could rip to wav, for me please?

http://www.discogs.com/release/927204

Beyond Belief, is the track i'm after.
    Will probably buy the record, in the
    next few weeks, just wanna stick it
    in a hard a hard trance mix, in the
    mean time :)

Cheers, es.

I have it on vinyl Sean probably b saturday by the time i get to rip it.So if nobody else has it i can do it then.

• Advertisement

What's the track at 24:18?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Ant C

I see yez all get the message so.

I'll drop the phone call so lmfao

:D

just listening to Pressure Deeper and this mix of this track is on it.Deadly

Knew it was Chris & James but I couldn't figure out the mix - love this one. cheers ace.

I had a couple of Chris & James mixes on tapes I got from Furzy back in the day - u don't by any chance have copies of them..... Long shot I know but.

Actually there is one track in particular on one of the mixes with the vocal "u gimme love so strong" as the hook. A real haunting vocal on a house track with a dragged out filtered sound on the vocal as far as I can remember. Sorry to be so vague about the description but thats all I remember.

Anybody help me out lads????

Ant C wrote: »
    Knew it was Chris & James but I couldn't figure out the mix - love this one. cheers ace.

I had a couple of Chris & James mixes on tapes I got from Furzy back in the day - u don't by any chance have copies of them..... Long shot I know but.

Actually there is one track in particular on one of the mixes with the vocal "u gimme love so strong" as the hook. A real haunting vocal on a house track with a dragged out filtered sound on the vocal as far as I can remember. Sorry to be so vague about the description but thats all I remember.

Anybody help me out lads????

Furzy bit of a blast from the past there.

I have the Chris and James - Firm that you gave me i'll up it 2morrow i'm gonna hit the leaba.

Just gave it a quick whirl ther that track is on it anyways.

I have it on vinyl Sean probably b saturday by the time i get to rip it.So if nobody else has it i can do it then.

Nice1 Ace, wav rip please mate. I'll deffo end up buying the vinyl myself, but i want to get a hard trance mix together sometime soon, and want to stick this on it, cheers man ;)

What's the track at 24:18?

thats

always reminds me of this

thats ok with yez lads yeah...:D

thats

Lil Louis is a classic, one of the 1st dance tunes i heard in the late 80's, when i was just getting into the music :D

• Advertisement

3rd in is country & western - reincarnation

3rd in is country & western - reincarnation

Yeah know that 1:D

Ah yes, I heard of that before somewhere :)

thats

Ah yes, I heard of that before somewhere :)

?????? wer :D

?????? wer :D

I think it was on YouTube before when I was looking up old classics. The name rang bells for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

mordeith wrote: »
    tune always reminds me of the asylum trying to dance but was too out of my head and was just falling around the place instead

Yeah know that 1:D

what's the track after cocktail twins ?

One of my favourites, have it on vinyl.

theres a tune on youtube.. the video is of the sun.. but its like if you were lieing down looking at the sun and blinking the odd time.. if you know wat I mean.. cant remember the tune.. anyone?

Furzy bit of a blast from the past there.

I have the Chris and James - Firm that you gave me i'll up it 2morrow i'm gonna hit the leaba.

Just gave it a quick whirl ther that track is on it anyways.

Good stuff, well impressed. now just to get the tracklisting.

Some x c lent tracks in her Mac.

Advanced Vector Synthesis -- Inertia [Sound Entity House Division] Top notch track think it's on Gravity 16

Love Dazzle Pulse - Discourse aswell.Its on that DJ Pordy mix live in America Anto.Don't know if u remember it.

Others r all deadly aswell

what's the track after cocktail twins ?

Part of the reason i u/l this mix(if ya wanna call it a mix) Ther's 2/3 tracks i'm after and thats 1.I'm bloody sure i had it got an id within the last 6 months.But i did'nt have a tracklist to add it to.So i may have d/l the y/t if of course there is 1.

Was only when i d/l AWOL then for Derra that time and heard it again that i though what the hell is the name of that.But of course i can't find it.least now we can add it to this tracklist.

So many tracks like that your told the name and either add it to your discogs wantlist or d/l y/t vid but just can't find it then.Sure it will show up thow.:D
    theres a tune on youtube.. the video is of the sun.. but its like if you were lieing down looking at the sun and blinking the odd time.. if you know wat I mean.. cant remember the tune.. anyone?

Can't say i remember Mac but will keep an eye out

Just trying to u/l this for ya Anto.have tried a few times but everytime i go back to it,it's on the u/l page again :confused:.I'll keep tryin:D

Ok here's Side A to get ya started

Won't be everyones cup of tea now

CHRIS & JAMES - FIRM (SIDE A).mp3

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/75333782/file.html

CHRIS & JAMES - FIRM (SIDE B).mp3

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/19066592/file.html

I'll have a scan tru for ya c if i know any of them say it b unlikly tho

• Advertisement

Got an ID on this one for ya man, dunno if ya got it already yourself or not, but here it is anyway.

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Adam-X-Psychodelic-Grunge/release/36797

Finally got an id on this after yrs of searching

Not everybodies cup of tea i know.But i love it.Have it on that Sven Veath mix that i've been searching for id's on.The track actually sounds better in the mix.It's mixed in with te Querio,and sounds deadly.

I take it,it's this 1 Sean i posted it a couple of weeks back.Cheers anyways for the trying.There's still 1 that i'm really after.

i'll c if i can locate it and up it on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

Ok here's Side A to get ya started

Won't be everyones cup of tea now

CHRIS & JAMES - FIRM (SIDE A).mp3

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/75333782/file.html

CHRIS & JAMES - FIRM (SIDE B).mp3

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/19066592/file.html

I'll have a scan tru for ya c if i know any of them say it b unlikly tho

Cheers man.

I know it's not for everyone but its a good mix all the same. Real temple of sound/POD style to it.

Cheers man.

I know it's not for everyone but its a good mix all the same. Real temple of sound/POD style to it.

Few others ther Anto that u may remember from back then when we used to Trade tapes if ya want i can u/l here's a few off the top off my head.

COSMIC BABY - INFINITIVE TRANCE
    DJ PORDY - LIVE IN AMERICA (includes partail tracklist)
    Paul Oakenfold vs Dj Dag (CLUB EXPOSURE 4th NOV 1996 FRANKFURT GERMANY)
    SVEN VAETH - FRANKFURT DOME DEC 93
    ROBERT MILES
    WEST BAM IN THE MIX - DANZ SAUNZ DISTRIBUTATORS
    DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2
    WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM
    Ormande - LIQUID WHEEL - LIVE @ O.M.C
    BILLY NASTY (includes partail tracklist)
    DJ DUBH (KEN 'O FLANAGHAN) - MAY MIX 97

Remember the Will Storey 1 id say you'd like that 1,seen as you wer in the System playing cards 1 nite while Lamby was playing chess r was it the other way round :D.Some decent tracks on it.

And the Billy Nasty 1 is x c lent.

Have some Casper ther aswell.Anto remember the nite in your house your folks wer away and you had a bit of a bash.ther wa a DJ Casper ther giving you a few tips as you had started out.I always wondered was this the same guy.....

Few others ther Anto that u may remember from back then when we used to Trade tapes if ya want i can u/l here's a few off the top off my head.

COSMIC BABY - INFINITIVE TRANCE
    DJ PORDY - LIVE IN AMERICA (includes partail tracklist)
    Paul Oakenfold vs Dj Dag (CLUB EXPOSURE 4th NOV 1996 FRANKFURT GERMANY)
    ROBERT MILES
    WEST BAM IN THE MIX - DANZ SAUNZ DISTRIBUTATORS
    DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2
    WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM
    Ormande - LIQUID WHEEL - LIVE @ O.M.C
    BILLY NASTY (includes partail tracklist)
    DJ DUBH (KEN 'O FLANAGHAN) - MAY MIX 97

Remember the Will Storey 1 id say you'd like that 1,seen as you wer in the System playing cards 1 nite while Lamby was playing chess r was it the other way round :D.Some decent tracks on it.

And the Billy Nasty 1 is x c lent.

Have some Casper ther aswell.Anto remember the nite in your house your folks wer away and you had a bit of a bash.ther wa a DJ Casper ther giving you a few tips as you had started out.I always wondered was this the same guy.....

Yeah, love that will storey mix, forgot all about it. Think it had void orcana on it as far as I can remember.

I'll never forget that night in the System mate. Still stays with me in my collection of fond memories!!

Yeah, that was Casper alright. He gave me that tape that night of the session in my folks gaff. Some session that night alright, so much for a few of the boys over, the house was jammers till the early hours, couldn't get people out at the end!!!!

Oh how things change when we become settled down now. Ah well it had to happen sooner or later so just have the memories now which spring to mind every now and then when I hear tracks which remind me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Nice1 Ace, wav rip please mate. I'll deffo end up buying the vinyl myself, but i want to get a hard trance mix together sometime soon, and want to stick this on it, cheers man ;)

F.A.O Sean

Agent Plant - Beyond Belief (Sexual Preference Mix).wav
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/88239995/file.html

Sean let me know that this is ok,if not i can do it again
    Yeah, love that will storey mix, forgot all about it. Think it had void orcana on it as far as I can remember.

I'll never forget that night in the System mate. Still stays with me in my collection of fond memories!!

Yeah, that was Casper alright. He gave me that tape that night of the session in my folks gaff. Some session that night alright, so much for a few of the boys over, the house was jammers till the early hours, couldn't get people out at the end!!!!

Oh how things change when we become settled down now. Ah well it had to happen sooner or later so just have the memories now which spring to mind every now and then when I hear tracks which remind me.

Yes Void Orcana is on the Will Stoery Mix as is AGH - Yummy.And the first track on one of the sides is Sade - Pearls deadly track that.I think Jaynn Hannah is in ther aswell

So it was Casper then.I'll throw up some of his mixes for ya.Have u still got that tape.As far as i can remember Blue Amazon - No Other Love was played as was that other vocal track that was out around the same time.Will come back to me.That was early in the nite tho.Was meself yourself Rob Gar lamby giving it socks in the sitting room.Then later Jonny Bollard and a few of his m8's arrived as did Casper the 2 Brennans and loads more.So i doubt Blue Amazon - No Other Love is on the tape

Ah i know the feeling Anto when ya hear ceartain tracks and it reminds of certain nites etc.It's like every time i hear Jam and Spoon follow me i get the goose pimples as it was the first track i heard on my first White D@v@

Let me know if u still have that tape Anto
    tdv123 wrote: »

Yeah top track that.Tis on a mix as far as i can remember care to remind me.

Reminds me of this aswell.Love the piano in it.totally uplifting

Sorry forgot to add the link

F.A.O Sean

Agent Plant - Beyond Belief (Sexual Preference Mix).wav
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/88239995/file.html

Sean let me know that this is ok,if not i can do it again

Thanking you Asa, my good man. I'll have a spin of it now, and let you know mate, thanks ;)

• Advertisement

Sweet Ace, good sounding recording. The one thing i did notice though, when i imported it into Audacity. Is that whatever deck you're using to record, the RCA cables aren't even. The left channel is a bit lower than the right, meaning the cable must have a defect or it's damaged in some way. Here's a look at what i mean.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d5166f240498935

Might want to get that looked at sometime, or just replace them yourself, it's handy enough to do ;)

Here's a few to get ye started :D

WEST BAM IN THE MIX - DANZ SAUNZ DISTRIBUTATORS.mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/80653357/file.html

COSMIC BABY - INFINITIVE TRANCE.mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/53502531/file.html

DJ PORDY - LIVE IN AMERICA (SIDE A).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/10907945/file.html

DJ PORDY - LIVE IN AMERICA (SIDE B).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/64686480/file.html

ROBERT MILES (SIDE A).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/19724091/file.html

ROBERT MILES (SIDE B).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/73848086/file.html

SVEN VAETH - FRANKFURT DOME DEC 93 (SIDE A).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/4567393/file.html

SVEN VAETH - FRANKFURT DOME DEC 93 (SIDE B).mp3
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/9223992/file.html

Few tracklists - Feel free to fill in d blanks :D

DJ PORDY - LIVE IN AMERICA

Side A

1 ?????
    2 Li Kahn - Point Zero
    3 Dazzle_Pulse_-_discourse__1994_
    4 ?????
    5 Voodoo_People_-_drop_the_bomb
    6 Lords Of Octagon - Adventure Trip 1
    7 Dazzle_Pulse_-_-dog_star-
    8 ?????
    8 Total Eclipse - Waiting For A New Life
    9 Kike Boy - Generacion X

Side B

1 ?????
    2 ?????
    3 Trobe - Amphetamine 1
    4 Art_of_Trance_-_Octopus
    5 Velocity - Lust
    6 Dj Misjah & Dj Tim - Access
    7 ?????
    8 Tranceland - Alice in Fashionland (tranceland mix)
    9 Tranceliner - The Dream

Side A

Spiral Tribe Sound System* - Sirius 23 (Going All The Way)
    Marco Zaffarano - Minimalism Vol. IV (Supernova)
    Atomium - Chuckie
    Technohead - The Passion
    ?????
    English Muffin - A - The Blood Of An English Muffin
    HardAttack - bonehead
    Adam X - Faces Of Death

Side B

BC-kid - wild & wonderfull
    Affie Yusuf - Equator
    4 Voice - Eternal Spirit
    ?????
    Atomium - Speedy Gonzales
    Sonic Solution - Bagdad
    Illuminatae - Tempestada
    Hocus Pocus - Hocus Pocus
    ?????

West Bam - In The Mix (Danz Saunz Distributions)

West Bam - Wizards of the Sonic
    Aphrohead - In the Dark we Live (Dave Clarke 313 mix)
    Westbam - Celebration Generation - Chapter ii (westbam remix)
    Yves De Ruyter - Rave City
    Thunderball II - It's Your DJ
    Perplexer - Acid Folk
    Robert Armani - Ambulance two (Bonzai mix)
    Tropical Hardcore – Let The Beat Control
    Bass X - Hardcore Disco
    ?????
    Cherry Moon trax 1 : The house of house
    ?????
    Cherry Moon trax 1 : The house of house
    Dream Your Dream - III - Mayday Dream
    Slaughterhouse - Elysian
    Perplexer - Acid Folk
    Acid Scout - 4 Degrees
    Padre Terra - Ordenator
    Dextro NRG - Alpha Stomp
    Modulator ‎– Matrix Acid / Acid Particles ,Analog rec USA, Freddie Fresh http://s.dsimg.com/Modulator-Matrix-Acid-Acid-Particles/release/109466
    Baby Doc & The Dentist - MANTRA TO THE BUDDA
    Quench - Dreams
    Red Ice - Dynatracks.

Couple more

DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2 (SIDE B).mp3
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/59980108/file.html

WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM (SIDE A).mp3
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/76262145/file.html

WILL STOREY - LIVE @ SYSTEM (SIDE B).mp3
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/77517712/file.html

DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2 (SIDE A).mp3
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/86120830/file.html

DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2 (SIDE B).mp3 ace do you know 2nd last tune?

Nearly forgot this 1

BILLY NASTY
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/77225172/file.html
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/19496762/file.html

Billy Nasty - BILLY NASTY

Side A :

1)?????
    2)Melonhaus - Dophamine
    3)??????
    4)Mory Kanté - Yeke Yeke (hardfloor remix)
    5)DJ Tim and Ortega - Heartbreak
    6)Heuristix II - Twisted
    7)Fixation - Pulsator
    8)

Side B :

1)Source Experience, The - Point Zero
    2)Finitribe - Love Above
    3)r-damski - acoustic nature
    4)nexus 6 - ab chic
    5)Tandu - Tranceido
    6)Azimuth - Structure
    7)?????
    8)?????

DJ PASSION DANCE OR TRANCE VOL 2 (SIDE B).mp3 ace do you know 2nd last tune?

Thats Quietman - Tranquil (Art of Trance Remix)
    Top quality track that Mac as are some of the other Quietman tracks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

Nearly forgot this 1

BILLY NASTY
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/77225172/file.html
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/19496762/file.html

Billy Nasty - BILLY NASTY

Side A :

1)?????
    2)Melonhaus - Dophamine
    3)??????
    4)Mory Kanté - Yeke Yeke (hardfloor remix)
    5)DJ Tim and Ortega - Heartbreak
    6)Heuristix II - Twisted
    7)Fixation - Pulsator
    8)

Side B :

1)Source Experience, The - Point Zero
    2)Finitribe - Love Above
    3)r-damski - acoustic nature
    4)nexus 6 - ab chic
    5)Tandu - Tranceido
    6)Azimuth - Structure
    7)?????
    8)?????

Never heard this mix be4 Ace some good tunes on it...does anyone know the last 2 on it:confused: thanks

Sweet Ace, good sounding recording. The one thing i did notice though, when i imported it into Audacity. Is that whatever deck you're using to record, the RCA cables aren't even. The left channel is a bit lower than the right, meaning the cable must have a defect or it's damaged in some way. Here's a look at what i mean.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d5166f240498935

Might want to get that looked at sometime, or just replace them yourself, it's handy enough to do ;)

Yes i noticed that meself Sean did'nt realise it could be the rca.Must invest in a new one so.Usually adjust the voluve controls left and right and i did try that last nite could'nt get it spot on tho.U can normalize the lower colume side by an extra 10 thats waht i do sometimes.Don't know if that affects the overall volume.Don't think it does.:D

Never heard this mix be4 Ace some good tunes on it...does anyone know the last 2 on it:confused: thanks

Tis a Savage mix i'll up it later.Bought this tape in the Abbey Mal i think bitd.Meself and Scuba have been tracking down id's on this for a very long time.

cant remember the last track,, use to listen to that track a lot last year,cant find it..

Yes i noticed that meself Sean did'nt realise it could be the rca.Must invest in a new one so.Usually adjust the voluve controls left and right and i did try that last nite could'nt get it spot on tho.U can normalize the lower colume side by an extra 10 thats waht i do sometimes.Don't know if that affects the overall volume.Don't think it does.:D

I sorted it out in Audacity, both channels are same volume now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement