Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo privacy on Facebook

• 01-11-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭

I just uploaded some photos onto my Facebook and a friend tagged herself in one. Shortly afterwards I got a notification that a girl, friends with my friend had liked and commented on that photo. I rechecked and made sure I had that album set to friends only. I know for sure that before on Facebook only friends could see my photos, no matter who was tagged in them. Has this changed, or can I change settings somewhere?

I really only want people I have added as friends looking at my photos, regardless of who is tagged. And I don't like that someone has the ability to comment on them either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's quite complicated. If the other person tagged themselves then potentially their friends can see it. This has changes in the past few months.

If you or somebody else tags you in a photo the audience is:

1. The audience they chose for the post or photo
    2. You and your friends (if the audience they chose is set to Friends or more)
    3. Anyone else tagged in the post, and potentially their friends

The tagging seems to negate the original privacy settings and a tag seems to mean that friends of friends tagged can see the photos.

Only real thing you can do is not tag people.

Also go here https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy

and check what the tagging setting is at for photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ah yeah I haven't uploaded pics in a few months. Doesnt seem to be anyway around it. Pretty stupid when I set my photos to friends only!

I have set an approval thing on who gets to tag themselves in my pics, think I'll just stop anyone tagging!

Advertisement